• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rregdab

Feb 25, 2013
    West Frederick County MD
    But upon closer inspection I found 3 T56s from Classic.
    Early production, the center one has an interesting S/N.

Attachments

• DSCN2699.JPG
      DSCN2699.JPG
      138.3 KB · Views: 458
    • DSCN2700.JPG
      DSCN2700.JPG
      153 KB · Views: 446
    • DSCN2702.JPG
      DSCN2702.JPG
      138.3 KB · Views: 455

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I don't see the Century import mark next to the serial number like on the last batch. Furniture looks pretty decent too.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    While all of them look great, the one in the middle is particularly sharp. Nice score!! I love the smell of cosmo.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Wow! Great score!! The middle one is a very early '56, and is generally attributed as being one that was made when the Soviet technical advisers were still helping to manage the SKS production at the Jianshe plant.

EDIT - I'm not sure that I'm seeing correctly, but in an effort to enlarge your photo, it looks like ALL THREE might be Sino-Soviet-Albanians! Can you post better photos of the serial numbers?

Rregdab

Feb 25, 2013
    West Frederick County MD
    Two of the three are all matching S/N.
    There is no CAI import billboard. Imported by I.O. INC. Monroe N.C. (Interesting!)
    I cleaned the cosmosplooge off the S/N's and it looks like all three are early 1956. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
    Only one is marked factory 26.
    I'm soooo close to pulling the trigger on three more. Certainly better than a 36 month CD.

Attachments

• DSCN2703.JPG
      DSCN2703.JPG
      52.1 KB · Views: 374
    • DSCN2705.JPG
      DSCN2705.JPG
      69.2 KB · Views: 373
    • DSCN2704.JPG
      DSCN2704.JPG
      92.4 KB · Views: 371

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    You got three gems. Two are very early 1956, when the Russian techs were in China. The 4912 may have been made with excess parts from the Russian Tula factory. The 17948 is an odd duck, but very cool. Not sure, but it may be transitional between being marked with Russian prefix and with the Jianshe stamp. Just speculating on that, but all three appear to be very early 1956.

Were those hand selects?

Rregdab

Feb 25, 2013
    West Frederick County MD
    You got three gems. Two are very early 1956, when the Russian techs were in China. The 4912 may have been made with excess parts from the Russian Tula factory. The 17948 is an odd duck, but very cool. Not sure, but it may be transitional between being marked with Russian prefix and with the Jianshe stamp. Just speculating on that, but all three appear to be very early 1956.

Were those hand selects?

Thanks! Confirms and adds to what I suspected. Yes they were "hand select".
    Even though I've wondered if that really means anything....

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Intercepted the UPS man. Got Mine. I was REALLY hoping for a Cyrillic prefix like Rregdab, but I dont think I can complain.

6 digit serial 1253xx, no other markings that I could "easily" find. All numbers match, bolt/rcvr/stock/mag/trigger.

The Stock is in way better shape than I expected. Im really tempted to buy another.
    BUt HOLY crap the cosmo is out of control. Way more than my mosin had on it.

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Damn you all for sharing how good these are. There goes another chunk of my savings. Just placed my order.

This'll pop my C&R cherry. :)

And I just realized I have to buy a bigger safe now too.

Mr Ed

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 13, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Bought another safe today! My box of Cosmoline is due Friday but I will miss it so Monday is the day.
    Anybody have sofa space? I might need it when the wife sees another Sig required from the BBT. :)

Mr Ed

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 13, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Sorry ... have SKS parts spread out on mine at the moment!

Well I got it today err ... rather yesterday as the kids were not up to the day trip we had planned. No need for the sofa, my wife went clothes shopping so I think I'm okay.
    It's in pieces and has a five digit serial with no factory marks. I will start another thread with pics when I get her cleaned up and back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom