• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    “The Second Amendment is clear and concise and secures the freedoms of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms,” said Gov. Bill Lee. “I am pleased to announce Constitutional Carry legislation today that will protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennesseans, while also stiffening penalties on criminals who steal or illegally possess firearms

the double whammy!!! just like it should be. respect the 2a and punish the crap out of criminals!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Leadership.

Well, that and doing it while his state’s demographics will still have his (and his legislature’s) back. A little more hipster influx into Nashville, and this would be impossible in TN, a la Virginia.

The exact same governor trying that in MD would face a total crush from the dominant left, and it would die long before seeing a legislative vote. The voting public’s worldview is what makes or breaks this from a lawmaking perspective, and that is a generationally moving target (see: Bernie Bros et al).

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Well, that and doing it while his state’s demographics will still have his (and his legislature’s) back. A little more hipster influx into Nashville, and this would be impossible in TN, a la Virginia.

The exact same governor trying that in MD would face a total crush from the dominant left, and it would die long before seeing a legislative vote. The voting public’s worldview is what makes or breaks this from a lawmaking perspective, and that is a generationally moving target (see: Bernie Bros et al).

Oh, no doubt.

Leadership producing this same result in THIS state, if it were to come at all, comes in one of two ways. Either it is court mandated, or it comes in ways that most would rightly wish to otherwise avoid.

May we one day soon see the former. At least that hope remains.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Sometimes it's nice to pretend you're a free citizen and live in a constitutional carry state. The constitution says we already have the right to keep and carry arms, and that's good enough for a lot of people. I am NOT a lawyer!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Constitutional carry covers us out of towners that go to TN correct.

It's a complete shame that as a resident of MD I cannot carry but while potentially visiting TN I can.

This bill is NOT Constitutional carry, it is permitless carry for Tennessee residents. (NOT for non residents)
    There are other states that are true Constitutional carry, West Virginia being one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This bill is NOT Constitutional carry, it is permitless carry for Tennessee residents. (NOT for non residents)
    There are other states that are true Constitutional carry, West Virginia being one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ughh. States again discriminating against non residents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom