• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mtwoodson

May 7, 2011
    Western Eastern Shore
    I have some powder, primers and misc reloading gear. I would like to trade for someone to load some 300 Winmag and 375H&H. I have the dies, brass, bullets and some powder. (I'd probably be happy if this wasn't your first time, LOL) I'm just over the bridge, near Kent Narrows.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Not sure of the legality of this just because I know you need a license to manufacture ammo for sale. However, what you ask for is a generally frowned upon practice for other reasons. If I do the reloading for you I assume a great deal of liability if, among other things, you blow up your gun using ammo I made.

Furthermore, you're taking a huge risk that the person you find can actually reload safely. Its your face getting blown to bits if the reloading is done impropperly.

And finally, its poor practice to just make a whole batch of ammo without doing a slow, thorough load work-up for that specific gun, complete with thorough examination of each piece of fired brass for signs of high pressure. Failure to go through the entire meticulous process is dangerous.

IMO, you'd be much better served by asking for someone to let you use your components in their reloading equipment with you doing the reloading & them teaching & supervising.

Good luck & be safe!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I agree with Oreo on this one. If you are unsure you should get some manuals and read them before attempting this. Slow and easy is the way to go.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    I agree with Oreo on this one. If you are unsure you should get some manuals and read them before attempting this. Slow and easy is the way to go.

I couldn't agree more! Check more than one manual and read ALL the instructions (then read them again) before even looking at the load data.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    What I did was find someone with a press and I use his and we share the work but we are loading only pistol rounds with a progressive press.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom