• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    There are two things that crossed my mind today, regarding the whole CCW situation here. The answers may be somewhere here already, but with all of the posts, digging through them all, and especially the arguments that fill many of the threads, it gets tiring. Forgive me if I'm asking questions that have already been answered or discussed.

1) With G&S struck, will the MSP still be doing the interview process? It seems that the interview was solely done to verify the G&S reason, but with that gone, will there be a purpose for it? I know it is just speculation at this point, but I wondered.

2) Having the Livescan prints done today, my background check was included in the package. Given that MSP will receive my packet, BG check complete, prints done, app filled out, photos taken, what is left for them to do, and how long will it take for them to do it? I can't see much more than verifying the info, and printing out the card. Okay, I know it's not going to happen that way, and again, it's all guess work right now, but it was on my mind, and I wondered if anyone else had thought the same.

What say ye?

MH

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    It took mine almost 2 months last time. I am up for renewal this summer and think I may renew now to see if I can get the restrictions lifted.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    They will not change a thing. They will fight until the last man is standing. we are talking about Maryland fellas.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm going to guess too...

The interview took only a few minutes, I personally don't mind, but if G&S nolonger required, we no longer need it. Also, this is the greatest log-jam of the entire process. The flood of applications will slow things down. My guess is once new rules are in place and the surge is over, permits should take less than a month from the time you submit to receiving it in the mail.

There are so many states now looking at constitutional carry; nothing is impossible.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    but if G&S nolonger required, we no longer need it.

That's my point. With everything already completed, and no G&S, technically, you should be able to walk in with papers, and walk out with the permit in hand. Obviously not now, with all of the legal wrangling going on, but it should work this way.

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom