• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Went ahead and ordered one late Monday night and it arrived today. Nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. A couple of small gouges in the stock but overall it's pretty nice with a good bore/strong rifling. Should be able to get her cleaned up and to the range in the next few weeks to see how she shoots.

Attachments

• 20140807_170817.jpg
      20140807_170817.jpg
      17.1 KB · Views: 256

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Great snag! You got a blonde, too! I'm not sure what the difference in history is, but the ones with (original) lighter stocks seem to have much better bores. Mine's a much better shooter than most of the others that I've tried.

Attachments

• Blonde.jpg
      Blonde.jpg
      23.7 KB · Views: 248

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Any numbers match? It really looks great, you should be over the moon with that! Hand pick?

Yep, I went ahead and paid the extra $10 for hand picked. Haven't checked all the numbers yet so not sure but I doubt it.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Great snag! You got a blonde, too! I'm not sure what the difference in history is, but the ones with (original) lighter stocks seem to have much better bores. Mine's a much better shooter than most of the others that I've tried.

Interesting, I was not aware of that. This one is marked with a birth date of 1955.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    You done good. :thumbsup:
    You may find the trigger is a little smoother than M44's. My T-53's seem to be.
    Range report expected.

mossy33oak

Nov 29, 2011
    Curl Cowty
    I ordered 4. Did not pay for the hand pick, and they were all beat to hell. In fact three of them are so bad my kids can't handle them because of the splinters. So I am forced to sand and do a BLO treatment on them even tho I don't want to. Btw I got a 54, 55, and two 56. None were numbers matching.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Believe it or not, the $79 broken stock special I got, had all numbers matching except for the bolt.

I don't think that's uncommon for T53s. One of my T53s is exactly like that, everything matches EXCEPT the freaking bolt. Others have matching bolts but other parts are un-matching.

One of my T53s is all matching. It's an older Navy Arms import that I snagged from Shooter's Discount.

mossy33oak

Nov 29, 2011
    Curl Cowty
    Believe it or not, the $79 broken stock special I got, had all numbers matching except for the bolt.

From what I have read (can't validate) but the Chinese stored them minus the bolt. Then when it was time to get rid of them they had a bin of bolts and just grabbed a bolt to make it complete.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    From what I have read (can't validate) but the Chinese stored them minus the bolt. Then when it was time to get rid of them they had a bin of bolts and just grabbed a bolt to make it complete.

Someone needs to establish a T53 bolt matching program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom