• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    In the March 1st thread I saw there posts about a bus and it reminded me:

EDIt: my quotes were messed up for some reason

It would seem to me that school officials could (and should) get into deep poop for dragging students to take place in a partisan rally...

My wife is a PhD student at UMD workind at a lab in the dental school. She said she recieved an email asking people to stand against gun violence. She told me she thought "sure I am against gun violence" then she read about the bus and wondered why they needed a bus if they are going to have some rally on campus. She said then she realized they were busses to Annapolis for the hearing on the 1st. :mad54: She doesnt feel nearly as strongly as I do on the subject but she even thought this was wrong. I dont know if it would make a difference but if she hasnt deleted it maybe I can post it up here.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    Subject: Campus Life Weekly
    To: xxxxxxx@umaryland.edu

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here

Vol. 3 No 24
    Campus Life Weekly

Events and Announcements for the Week of March 4, 20113

Rally to Prevent Gun Violence

Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence

Friday, March 1

Bus leaves from the School of Social Work at 9:15 a.m.

Rally starts at 10:30 a.m.

Lawyer's Mall, Annapolis, MD

>> Register here

Join students and advocates from across Maryland as we rally in support of common-sense proposals to reduce gun violence. Homemade signs supporting gun violence prevention are encouraged.

For more information visit the website or email Robi Rawl.

I found a link here:
    http://www.umaryland.edu/campuslifeweekly/thisweek/index.html

Last edited:

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Funny, I was with the Pistol and Rod Club at the BCC IWLA this weekend, and the kids there droves themselves... and at least one of them stayed until it was over.

I didn't get an email... so that's a little odd. Maybe it was only for students?

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    So I got a hold of the email and it looks like it was our friends Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence

Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    I finished at the dental school in 2011. I remember getting campus-wide emails for "discussions" hosted by the school of social work and the law school. I don't remember many of the specifics because I usually spent less than a minute skimming them before I deleted them, but I'm not all that surprised by this.

I don't remember this site being there, but I seem to remember that pretty much anybody could get their event in the newsletter. I don't remember anyone I know participating in anything from it, but the dental students didn't have a whole lot of interaction with the other schools.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Damn, that could have been free transportation to testify against the bill (getting back to College Park would have been another matter). I didn't receive an email either (I'm a student) and did not hear about this bus until now.

Funny, I was with the Pistol and Rod Club at the BCC IWLA this weekend, and the kids there droves themselves... and at least one of them stayed until it was over.

I didn't get an email... so that's a little odd. Maybe it was only for students?

Rifle & Pistol Club, and thank you for letting my members shoot of hundreds of your .223 rounds out of your AR's. They really loved it. On Friday, member bbs114 drove to Annapolis. I, as well as TheMaskedRabbit went along with him. We testified at about midnight, and returned after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom