• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Any idea what this pistol is? Only pic i have.

Attachments

• 20211109_213230.jpg
      20211109_213230.jpg
      55.6 KB · Views: 406

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Colt hammer shape ,Colt grip shape , and a topstrap . All point to Colt SAA aka Model P .

I don't know if a full size monitor would be better , but the right hand side object lacks clarity to definitively identify .

The light colored part appears to be a handle of some sort . Said handle is at a distinct angle in the image. Could be :

Small pistol of undetermined make
    Saw handled dagger
    A "regular" knife , and the photographer had him partially pull it out , to show off the bling of bone grip .

wanderer

Really just an old dog
    Aug 16, 2013
    Middle River
    I agree with Biggfoot44. Looks like a Colt SAA Cavalry. Wish I knew how to import a picture for you, but an internet search will bring it up. Poulinauctions.com has some nice pictures . Pity grandpa didn’t pass it down.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I agree with Biggfoot44. Looks like a Colt SAA Cavalry. Wish I knew how to import a picture for you, but an internet search will bring it up. Poulinauctions.com has some nice pictures . Pity grandpa didn’t pass it down.

Yeah would been nice! I kinda thought it was that also. I knew th MDS brain trust would figure it out! Thanks!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wish i had it

*****I know someone really into cowboy action shooting that has a couple of modern rendition replicas of that pistol. They look really cool in their holsters, especially cross draw style.

Any idea what happened to great great great gramps other than him riding with Jesse James, and presumably your great great great gramma as well??? :innocent0

There's a website somewhere on the interwebz with mebbe thousands of old timer pics of people posing and doing all manner of things. Mostly families and farm pics, or pics of the city, towns, etc.. but occasionally pics of men with their gun(s), or posing with a trophy kill, etc... I'll see if I can dig up the site as I thought it was cool.

I'd like to say I had someone famous like that in my family but nope - my great great great grampa had the white privilege of being a dirt poor farmer in Europe, and who died pretty young from Consumption (Tuberculosis) after working himself basically to a premature death so the rest of the family didn't outright starve. He had the added privilege of being Jewish as well, and at the time not even allowed to own property so he had to break his back farming for someone else so he could hope to one day not just drop dead penniless, which he basically did. I actually have a few pics of him holding either a shotgun or some kind of rifle and a few rabbits he presumably shot.... I'll dig them up and post them and see if the MDS brain trust can figure out what kind of guns he had...Prolly not a phased plasma laser in the 40 watt range back then... :)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    *****I know someone really into cowboy action shooting that has a couple of modern rendition replicas of that pistol. They look really cool in their holsters, especially cross draw style.

Any idea what happened to great great great gramps other than him riding with Jesse James, and presumably your great great great gramma as well??? :innocent0

There's a website somewhere on the interwebz with mebbe thousands of old timer pics of people posing and doing all manner of things. Mostly families and farm pics, or pics of the city, towns, etc.. but occasionally pics of men with their gun(s), or posing with a trophy kill, etc... I'll see if I can dig up the site as I thought it was cool.

I'd like to say I had someone famous like that in my family but nope - my great great great grampa had the white privilege of being a dirt poor farmer in Europe, and who died pretty young from Consumption (Tuberculosis) after working himself basically to a premature death so the rest of the family didn't outright starve. He had the added privilege of being Jewish as well, and at the time not even allowed to own property so he had to break his back farming for someone else so he could hope to one day not just drop dead penniless, which he basically did. I actually have a few pics of him holding either a shotgun or some kind of rifle and a few rabbits he presumably shot.... I'll dig them up and post them and see if the MDS brain trust can figure out what kind of guns he had...Prolly not a phased plasma laser in the 40 watt range back then... :)
    Not sure really. Had a family and lived his life. Stuff prob got sold many years ago. Great grand parents lived through the great depression so any heirloom was prob sold to survive

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom