• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I added the last blurb in the "Position on Gun Control" section about him having a carry permit but being opposed to the general population's right to carry.

I think the Schumer hacks generally police that bit of info because it looks bad for their side.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    A link would be cool.
    Looks like his page has already been modified to delete the comment. Post a footnote proving it and it "may" stick.
    Then again it is wikipedia.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    that kind of hypocrisy makes me almost nauseous. It's so much worse the the typical person who's anti because they've not really wasted two brain cells on the issue and are spouting the typical media BS

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Hmmm, I put my edit in around 6 hours ago and it is still there. Anyone care to tell me how to cite a web site so I don't get called out? They disabled HTML tags...

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Naturally, we all think that our lives and our loved ones' lives are the most important, but those of us who believe the 2A is for all won't begrudge someone else's right to feel the same way. Anti-gun members of Congress don't seem to feel the same way. But then, they are the very definition of hypocrisy.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    In NY state your conceal carry permit is part of having a pistol permit. Anyone that has a legal handgun is authorized to conceal carry. There is no separation of the two.

A license to possess a handgun serves also as a license to carry unless restricted. If there are no restrictions written on the license, the licensee is permitted to carry a handgun, loaded or unloaded, concealed, on or about his person.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    In NY state your conceal carry permit is part of having a pistol permit. Anyone that has a legal handgun is authorized to conceal carry. There is no separation of the two.

Are you Sure about that? Because I have an aquaintance from Northwestern NY near Buffalo) who comes to PAX as a contractor all the time. Just a couple days ago we were talking about CCW. He detailed how he had to get it, the handgun registration process and he showed me his carrry permit. From what he was saying, it is a totally separate process between ownership and CCW.
    To own you have to register with the local sherriff. For CCW you still go through the sherriff (or PD).

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I quoted the law, a quick search will find the same thing for you. I'm from upstate NY (and hate that now that I'm not a NY resident I am not even allowed to bring a long gun up to shoot at my parents place).

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The pistol permit in NY will usually come with one of the various restrictions. "Premise" limiting it to your home. "Target/Hunting" and "Full Carry"

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Maybe you can also update the Pelosi page. She had at one time held a ccw permit in california in the 1970's or 80's. I'll try to find a source for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom