• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The judges are fishing for anything to hang their hat(s) on.

They also know that the SCOTUS is looking over their shoulder(s).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The good news is that is no status from the Supreme Court, next milestone is April 12th deadline for the AG to respond.

I am wondering if the SCOTUS justices are waiting on a timely opinion before moving forward.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The lawyer should have thrown out the the stripped lower argument. Why can we buy a stripped lower with a 77r and 7 days, but we need the extra paperwork and extra weeks and fees if its a handgun.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The lawyer should have thrown out the the stripped lower argument. Why can we buy a stripped lower with a 77r and 7 days, but we need the extra paperwork and extra weeks and fees if its a handgun.
    That would have backfired - the end result of that would be that we'd need an HQL for stripped lowers too.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    The 4CA judges just do not get it ...
    According to some anti-gunowner law professors, (paraphrasing their law review article, which I am going back to dig up again):

'Contrary to gun nut claims, our research of court decisions shows that the 4th Cir is actually one of the most pro-gunowner courts of appeals, with no evidence of 'massive resistance' to Heller . . .'

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The ending seemed bad. He got run over.

And F that female judge that snapped her fingers at him saying “I’m over here”.
    That is so condescending and unprofessional to snap your fingers at someone that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ooohhh.... I dunno.... it can be occasionally useful...

Last edited:

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    According to some anti-gunowner law professors, (paraphrasing their law review article, which I am going back to dig up again):

'Contrary to gun nut claims, our research of court decisions shows that the 4th Cir is actually one of the most pro-gunowner courts of appeals, with no evidence of 'massive resistance' to Heller . . .'
    "These are not the droids you are looking for"

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Meanwhile , today's forecast is sun rising in the west , and cool pleasant breezes for the balmy beaches of hell .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

"Our research was undertaken without recourse to fact, based entirely upon the outcome we desired; as such, it successfully underscored our feelings on the matter. And don't forget, we are Constitutional Law professors!"

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    How does purchasing or selling a handgun prior to any of the current licensing schemes play into the case?
    A person used to be able to do that sort of thing before onerous restrictions were legislated into the mix, prior to what the states government is arguing now.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    How does purchasing or selling a handgun prior to any of the current licensing schemes play into the case?
    A person used to be able to do that sort of thing before onerous restrictions were legislated into the mix, prior to what the states government is arguing now.
    I remember buying a pistol as easily as buying a pair of shoes (not in MD).

Other states- cash and carry with a CCW permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom