• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Approximate number of new firearms sold to Law Enforcement in 2012: 100,000 guns

Number of new guns sold to the civilian market in 2012: 11 MILLION!!

I know which market I would prefer to sell to. If push comes to shove, publicly held firearms manufacturers might have to choose the civilian market which is about 110 times the size of the LE market.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternativ...nd-the-civilian-firearms-markets-2572408.html

During 2012, Americans purchased more than 18,500,000 new and used firearms. From all appearances, more than 11,000,000 (eleven million) of those guns were new.

The total number of guns sold to the police and the military is less certain, but some things can be inferred. To begin with, there are approximately 800,000 police officers. If their guns are replaced every ten years, that is a total of 80,000 guns a year. If you add other municipal employees who regularly carry, such as animal control officers and some inspectors, you have a potential market of 100,000 guns a year.

Civilian market 11,000,000 guns vs Police market 100,000 guns

For progressives and other numerically challenged individuals, the police market amounted to just 0.009 percent of the total market for guns. A total that is, in the greater scheme of things, a fraction of the monthly increase in gun sales under Obama.

At this time, almost anything that can be persuaded to shoot will sell, but good times do not last forever. Success in the tough times depends on customer loyalties carefully built during the flush times. A gun company that ignores individual gun buyers in order to sell to police and other State sponsored paramilitaries does so at its own peril.

While the public may well forgive a company that says “we will honor our contracts but that is all;” a company that essentially tells the buying public to go to perdition is likely to be very “lite” indeed. “Lite” of customers.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I agree that the manufactures should sell under the laws of the state they sell to. Retired LEO and current LEO included - 7 rounds in NY period. Make it difficult for the government as it is for its citizens.

Only exception would be military contracts.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I emailed sig, glock, smith and wesson (all the manufacturers approved by NYPD) letting them know how I feel.

After I send another round of emails and my letters to the Maryland house and senate I'll be emailing armalite to let them know I'll never buy their stuff.

Keep up the pressure...

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I've emailed Sig, Glock, S&W and Remington. Taking abreak tonight and working up a synopsis of the House bills from MSI info to post on FB and pass out at Goddard's club meeting this week.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yep. Keep informing people of this... LE sales make up a minuscule portion of gun sales. These are interesting times...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Bravo

Bravo
    Feb 18, 2013
    Howard County
    Emailed Smith and Wesson today. If I don't hear back from them, I will know where they stand and never buy any of their products ever. Ditto Glock et al. Let us know when you get one of their ******** customer form letters.......Thank you for your interest, we are concerned about all of customers.....

Agreed, close the police loophole.

Is there a brief summary of the HB 294 ? There are so many amendments to he amendments, I am having trouble keeping up with all of them......

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Hell include the military too.

**** you. Seriously they are fighting in a place outside of American soil and you want to limit them. Yeah lets give them 7 round mags and bullet buttons. I ****ing hate pricks like you. They are already limited to the same shit as what ever state they got shafted with living in. I couldn't own a non-jacked up AR-15 for 5 years while I lived in California keeping your dumbass safe back here in the states.

Cops get to carry their shit off duty, not your .mil guys. If they live in the barracks and have private firearms they are kept in an Armory and finger banged by every Tom-Dick-and-Harry that works there. If a state has XYZ law and we move there and our guns are noncompliant we have to leave them where we were or make arrangements for them to be shipped to family in a RED state.

When I leave MD I'll be leaving with a bunch of preban AR's, but if the bill passes into law and I ever get stationed here again I can't bring them back.

Maybe you didn't realize what you said, that seems to happen often back there in MD, and if thats the case I forgive you. But if this is really your stance I feel sorry for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom