• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Not only are you sticking it to the man, but your permit greatly simplifies transport. No longer do you have to have a Labrador Retriever in your car while transporting handguns (for the "dog obedience" provision).

Your Maryland permit is also good in Virginia, as well as many other states. It also allows you to get a Pennsylvania permit, which is a quick, easy, and inexpensive process.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Obviously, I must not “need” it — since I’ve had to live without it in this state for 68 years. The reason I asked is because of the bill passed last October by Governor waste more. It seems so restricted that it almost seems not worth it to jump through the hoops you have to jump through to get it. But since I am able to get it, I will.
    Good for you!

The concept of "need" only becomes an issue in the breach, at which point it becomes imperative.

Meanwhile, the potential need seems to be increasing as social stability decreases, while our feckless leaders seem unable to grasp the reasons, or unwilling to contemplate or discuss effective solutions.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Good for you!

The concept of "need" only becomes an issue in the breach, at which point it becomes imperative.

Meanwhile, the potential need seems to be increasing as social stability decreases, while our feckless leaders seem unable to grasp the reasons, or unwilling to contemplate or discuss effective solutions.
    I;ve had smoke detectors in my house for 40 years, So far I haven't needed them, but I still won't go without them. Same thing with seatbelts, motorcycle helmets and airbags LOL

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Obviously, I must not “need” it — since I’ve had to live without it in this state for 68 years. The reason I asked is because of the bill passed last October by Governor waste more. It seems so restricted that it almost seems not worth it to jump through the hoops you have to jump through to get it. But since I am able to get it, I will.
    Good choice. Just because you haven’t needed it for 68 years doesn’t mean you won’t. Like someone else commented, I’ve got fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, burglar alarms, car alarms, first aid kits, PPE gear and I’m sure more stuff I’ve never truly needed but still glad to have.

umgoblue

Mar 14, 2024
    Howard County
    Not only are you sticking it to the man, but your permit greatly simplifies transport. No longer do you have to have a Labrador Retriever in your car while transporting handguns (for the "dog obedience" provision).

Your Maryland permit is also good in Virginia, as well as many other states. It also allows you to get a Pennsylvania permit, which is a quick, easy, and inexpensive process.
    $26.13 is the cost of the PA carry permit (Adams County), plus a leisurely drive to the PA county sheriff's office where you submitted your application to pick up the permit once approved. How do I know you ask. I just did it earlier this week. Submitted my application on Monday late afternoon...received approval on Tuesday...took a personal day and drove to the Adams County Sheriff's Office in Gettysburg to pick it up. And since it was a beautiful day and all, I made the best of my visit and stopped by a gun shop to pick up a magazine, or two, or three. :) Highly efficient and successful trip!

Last edited:

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    One of the lies the state repeated pre-Bruen was that there wasn't much interest in Maryland for permits. The more people that get them now the better.
    Exactly. There was always interest, just not many applications pre Bruen. There was no point for most of us to spend the time and money completing the process knowing we would be denied. Post Bruen has been a completely different story. Funny how the state hasn't admitted that they were wrong.

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    They never will admit that. And they will never stop nawing away at trying to put things back to pre-Bruen….. ergo the October 1 SB1 onerous Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    I knew about the injunction. I just still feel there’s a lot of restrictive stuff that isn’t covered by the injunction… and I think a lot of people aren’t really reading it all and are missing a lot of stuff and assuming things that aren’t true.

Last edited:

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I knew about the injunction. I just still feel there’s a lot of restrictive stuff that isn’t covered by the injunction… and I think a lot of people aren’t really reading it all and are missing a lot of stuff and assuming things that aren’t true.

Here's an alternative but have fun trying to carry this puppy around! :innocent0
    Legal schmegal....no permit needed.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

It sounds like you maybe are consumed with a lot of paranoia.

It’s all good. Carrying a loaded handgun isn’t for everyone and it’s totally cool if it’s not for you. Not a big deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom