• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    What is the concensious about if Lt Gov Steele makes it to the senate.
    would this be a good thing ? bad ? or just status que for marylanders :confused:

uncle wawa

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    DD214 said:
    I'd love to see him make it to the Senate. I'm sure many here would not though, as he is a social conservative.
    I would hate to see him make it, but what choice do I have? I have made an oath to myself that I will vote pro-gun Republican for the big offices until my party learns to run a pro-gun candidate or even a gun-neutral candidate.

Besides, I'm tired of having to protect my nuts all the time.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I can't find anything on his stance on guns even on his website for his run for the Senate. The only things I can't find don't bode well. In one instance he chastized a GOP fund raising gun raffle for being insensitve to shooting victims and another he chastized others for depicting gun grabbers as NAZI's.

Oh, and if there's ever a guy on here that makes potato-chip coated peanuts, I want him to make wasabi flavored ones.

Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Don't expect him to do gun owners any favors if he's elected to the Senate.

He's done a fine job of keeping himself distanced from gun issues.

I suspect he's still 100x better for us than Sarbanes and Mikulski.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Spot77 said:
    Don't expect him to do gun owners any favors if he's elected to the Senate.

He's done a fine job of keeping himself distanced from gun issues.

I suspect he's still 100x better for us than Sarbanes and Mikulski.

If we play "Name who would be better than Sarbanes Mikulski" we might be here a while. You could probably just let a phone book fall open to a random page and stick a pin in the page blind-folded and pick someone better.:)

Last edited:

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    Sounds like to me that politicians have the ear of the brady bunch and antigunners in general. I know that this is probable knocking over a dead horse but if they ever even hint of voting anything pro gun they will get chased out of office. Support them and let them know that you are supporting them. I am very sure that Md has a ton of people who will do just that. It is the silent majority who loses to the squeaky wheel gets the grease we need to be very squeaky.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Gun owners in Maryland have been pretty lazy in the past. There's plenty of hard working activists (Phil Lee, Ed Patrick, Henry Heymering, etc) but as a whole the gun community is pretty dormant politically. The past two years have shown some promise with a lot more peopl getting involved.

When we can start talking to politicians with some money behind us I suspect we'll make a greater impact.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    In spite of the fact that gun-grabbing is proving to be a negative vote getter (look at AlGore who stopped speaking about gun control a month before he lost the 2000 election), some leftist politicians don't believe it. Maybe that's a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom