• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Though I don't reload, I have been keeping my spent casings thinking they have, or will have some value. Most of it is .223 and some is .38 Spcl. Is there a current market value for once used brass in those calibers?

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Its worth selling, Sence you don't reload i would sort it and package it in 100 - 250 rd bags and put it in the classified adds.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    A ballpark price for once-fired .223 is about 7 cents each. One of the forum members periodically sells once-fired Lake City 5.56 in lots of 1000 for $70.00.

I can't speak to the .38 brass.

To get the best idea about its worth, go on GunBroker.com and so some searches. There are a lot of people who sell their brass there. That's where I look to buy if I can't get it cheaply locally, or if I only need 50-100 cases, e.g. 30-30Win, which I don't shoot a lot of.

You will get the best prices and have the easiest time selling it if all the cases in the lot you're selling are the same headstamp, but mixed headstamps will be bought. You should note the headstamp or if it is mixed when you post to sell it. Some re-loaders are anal about only using certain brands, or not using certain brands. I generally don't care, but I do have my favorites.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Though I don't reload, I have been keeping my spent casings thinking they have, or will have some value. Most of it is .223 and some is .38 Spcl. Is there a current market value for once used brass in those calibers?

just box it all up and pm me you address I won't even charge you to haul it away:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom