What Is Everyone's Plan Once The Oct. 1 Ban Goes Into Effect?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    SB281 is insanely retarded, but if we have to get fingerprinted and licensed to purchase a firearm, why in the hell will there still be a seventy day wait??

FIFY. Double that for the license requiring a 70 day wait THEN a 70 day wait for the firearm app to go through.

Why not? Make it so ugly for folks to make a purchase that they won't.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    They've elected to merely "phase out" the Second Amendment over the next generation or two by enacting hurdles and pitfalls, so as to reduce the pushback that an outright ban and confiscation would entail.

The irony is that our first black president has gone back to the notion of Democracy....in that laws can be passed because "the majority" agree with them.

I'd like to see where we would be today if emancipation, or the civil rights movement were treated in the same manor.

We are a Republic, not a Democracy. In a Republic, the sovereignty is with the individual, not the group. Our 2nd amendment right is being eroded because state and federal lawmakers are either too stupid to know the difference, or to arrogant to care.

Dec 31, 2012
    Shotgun sales will take off in this state.

stopsign.jpg

Ninety9Soulz

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
    Feb 23, 2013
    I forgot to add, I am going to grab some popcorn and enjoy the fireworks as they begin to realize how ineffectual this law really was.
    :omg: :omg:

In this case, most of them already know how ineffectual these measures are. Don't be fooled by their "Crime Fighting" facade. This entire situation was nothing more than a publicity stunt at the cost of our Constitutional Rights to empower their future political careers.

"Look at us! We were one of the first to battle the gun problem!"

That about sums up their mentality.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    my plans?...well I'm pretty much screwed. I dont turn 21 until January and I dont want to pay a fee for a license, training, and fingerprints to exercise my rights. i'm just gonna get the heck out of MD as soon as I can.

If I didn't have a house, 3 kids in school, a wife with a steady local job and 3 tractor trailer loads(or so) of crap to move I would be off like a prom dress.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    my plans?...well I'm pretty much screwed. I dont turn 21 until January and I dont want to pay a fee for a license, training, and fingerprints to exercise my rights. i'm just gonna get the heck out of MD as soon as I can.

You are one of their "real" targets and victims in the licensing, fingerprinting, and training regime -- designed to discourage people and encourage the planned phase-out of the Second Amendment without sparking armed rebellion from current gun owners. You and your generation have real and substantial damages that are unique because of your youth, and cannot act before the Oct. 1 deadline. Hopefully those that are handling the lawsuit(s) have factored that in, or will amend or file additional suits as appropriate.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I started off saying "hell no" to being fingerprinted. Then recently got to thinking about who it impacts in the long run. Its our IP's that will feel the impact of us "sticking it to the man". I can't say there are many other handguns I want, but there is a Wilson Combat 1911 that matches my W.C AR15 that I want and know wont be able to afford until after Oct 1. In the end, I'm going to suck up my pride and continue supporting the IP's on here. They have gone out of their way to look out for me so the least I can do is return the favor.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I started off saying "hell no" to being fingerprinted. Then recently got to thinking about who it impacts in the long run. Its our IP's that will feel the impact of us "sticking it to the man". I can't say there are many other handguns I want, but there is a Wilson Combat 1911 that matches my W.C AR15 that I want and know wont be able to afford until after Oct 1. In the end, I'm going to suck up my pride and continue supporting the IP's on here. They have gone out of their way to look out for me so the least I can do is return the favor.

Respectfully, this isn't about swallowing your pride. Swallowing your pride is taking a street sweeping job after being fired from your white collar job.

This is about a lawful violation of inalienable rights.

PS: Go see Mark at 2A about that Wilson. Wilson 1911's are backlogged about a year (or more) depending on options. Maybe he won't need the entire payment up front.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Purchase order the end of September. :innocent0
    Funny that you mention this. Spike's Tactical has a 8-12 months backorder on their lowers and they are accepting new orders. THIS would be a big FU to O'Malley to place an order for a handful of these AR-15 lowers a week before SB281 goes into affect and have them show up to a Maryland FFL a year after the ban.

This sounds like a challenge... Who can have a purchase order in hand before Oct 1 and be the very last person within the state of MD to receive a SB281 banned firearm?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You are one of their "real" targets and victims in the licensing, fingerprinting, and training regime -- designed to discourage people and encourage the planned phase-out of the Second Amendment without sparking armed rebellion from current gun owners.

I agree... their real intent is to slowly purge the gun culture from Maryland... whether it's encouraging 2A supporters to move, or creating ever more onerous hurdles to legal ownership for the next generation that stays. Once there is little resistance left, they can pass whatever they want.

Sadly, our children will grow up accepting licensing as normal and believing that owning handguns is a privilege granted by the state... as soon as "the new normal" settles in, they'll pass the next round of "reasonable restrictions".

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    SB281 is insanely retarded, but if we have to get fingerprinted and licensed to purchase a firearm, why in the hell will there still be a seven day wait??

I agree with not waiting if we have to get finger printed. The government has my prints already from military and law enforcement. I don't have much that would be banned after Oct. 1. I'm looking to upgrade a shotgun and get a good deer rifle/gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom