What ONE handgun would you choose for the next ten years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    What about the Beretta 92FS? I would've thought someone would've mentioned it (it did replace the M1911, after all), but no dice? I think it looks better than a Glock does, at least.

I've got one, and others have had better experiences, but mine was a POS outta the box. After I sank enough money into it to buy a high end custom pistol, I turned it into a high end custom pistol, and it is now a lot more accurate than I am. But IME you will get much higher value/money from Sig, CZ, HK or, if you are tupperware-tolerant, Glock.

Shotguns, well, they're a different story...

Feb 22, 2010
    Bushwood
    SIG P229 DAK with at least the 9mm and .40cal barrels. These get beat up, knocked in to stuff crawling around on boats and covered in salt water every day and hold up incredibly I cant wait untill I can buy my own. For now my G21 will do.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    What about the Beretta 92FS? I would've thought someone would've mentioned it (it did replace the M1911, after all), but no dice? I think it looks better than a Glock does, at least.

i have one I love it it fit's my bear paw's great, it's very accurate and fun to shoot. and I've never had a problem with mine with thousands of rounds threw it. one downside is if you are introducing new shooter's ( woman ) the grip might be a bit big for small hand's. my sister and g/f can and do shoot mine but something with a smaller grip would be more comfortable I'm sure.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Beretta Steel-1 or Sig X5 ( if cost was not a factor)

Attachments

• steel I.jpg
      steel I.jpg
      123.5 KB · Views: 299
    • x5.jpg
      x5.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 298
    Feb 22, 2010
    Bushwood
    I'm just curious ... why the DAK?

Simplicity, no de-cocker, smooth hammer so it wont catch on something while concealed and I actually like the full squeeze, ive probably put a few thousand rounds through a DAK and only shot a DA/SA P229 once and I wasnt as accurate with it guess I wasnt used to the light pull.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Simplicity, no de-cocker, smooth hammer so it wont catch on something while concealed and I actually like the full squeeze, ive probably put a few thousand rounds through a DAK and only shot a DA/SA P229 once and I wasnt as accurate with it guess I wasnt used to the light pull.
    It seems to be growing in popularity in terms of being adopted by new agencies like the DHS (from what I am reading). I think I'm going to have to try one.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Just an update, I'm currently leaning towards either a Sig 226 or a CZ-75. I've been to some gun stores since I started this thread and held a fair number of handguns, and I'm just gravitating more towards the all-metal ones than the polymer ones. Now I need to actually get out there and shoot some of these guns, because that will be the ultimate deciding factor. I do have a box of 9 mm all ready to go.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Just an update, I'm currently leaning towards either a Sig 226 or a CZ-75. I've been to some gun stores since I started this thread and held a fair number of handguns, and I'm just gravitating more towards the all-metal ones than the polymer ones. Now I need to actually get out there and shoot some of these guns, because that will be the ultimate deciding factor. I do have a box of 9 mm all ready to go.

Where do you live? If you are near SOMD or willing to drive down (Or even meet half way) you can come to the range with me some time and shoot my CZ-75BD. It's become my favorite handgun ever.

Eaa Witness line are CZ75 clones but have alot of nice options.

Such as?

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Beretta Steel-1 or Sig X5 ( if cost was not a factor)

Jeesh - that's a tough choice. Can I have both?

Seriously - I can't make the call on that one. Being a Beretta and a Sig owner - of higher quality of both handguns - that is an impossible choice. I would be VERY satisfied with either.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Jeesh - that's a tough choice. Can I have both?

Seriously - I can't make the call on that one. Being a Beretta and a Sig owner - of higher quality of both handguns - that is an impossible choice. I would be VERY satisfied with either.

Fired both...whichever one you don't want can be mine, yes? :)

Splitter

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'd just go with a Glock 19. It's a good "do all" pistol. Can conceal it, can use it as a duty gun, can put a light on it, can put longer mags in it, and 9mm isn't going anywhere soon.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    The 9mm round has been around for quite some time.
    Feel it will be around for a long, long time to come.

In 9mm pistols, I have a SR9,XD 9, Glock 26 that is only a few weeks old to me.
    The G26 definetlly my choice for ccw.

If haveing to choose between those 3. Glock would be my choice. Choice not based on favorite gun.
    But,reasoning is there are just so many Glocks out there. The parts and support will last at least as long as the 9mm round will.
    Not that any modern gun maker will most likelly be going out of buisness in the next 10 years.
    Like Chevys or Fords. Their shear numbers will dictate repair or replacement parts for a long time to come.

If asking for full proof as you can get reliability. Espeacially for home protection. A revolver would be my first choice in gun style. just not in the 9mm round:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom