• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    I think I have it down to the Glock 19 and the XD-9.

I have not fired either one, as a matter of fact, I haven't fired a hand gun in a couple of years.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I have a Glock 19 and I absolutely love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Of course Glocks don't fit all hands equally, so you should try one on for size first. Glocks just happen to fit my hand perfectly, like they were custom fit. And Tenifer is God's gift to gun owners...

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I think I have it down to the Glock 19 and the XD-9.

I have not fired either one, as a matter of fact, I haven't fired a hand gun in a couple of years.

For most people the Glock is a love it or hate it pistol. You won't find a lot of middle of the road comments on Glocks. I for one hate Glocks. I don't like the way they feel, I don't like all the plastic.

You really need to handle and fire one before putting your money down on it. I have a Beretta that I absolutely love. I would suggest giving the Beretta a try before you are set on either of the ones you mentioned.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I generally avoid Bass Pro and try to support the local gunshops but they currently have the Springfield XD45 on sale for $499

Damn good handgun

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I own 3 XD's. The 5 in tactical 45, and the 4 in service and 3 in compact in 40. They are all very well made. Many people like them because point of aim is the same as a 1911. The XD's are very easy to take down. and the have some nice features such as cock indicator and round in chamber indicator. I think you would be very happy with the XD.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    The XDs may be cool and all, but I don't think they come with the Homeboy Nyte-Sytes. Good luck firing over bar counters or out of car windows with an XD.
    nyte-sytes.jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Don,

That has always been one of my favorite graphics of all time. Thanks for reminding me of it. :lol2:

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    may I suggest callin On-Target in Severn and seeing what they have for rentals. Then, if they have one or both, give them a prespin

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    On-Target only had the XD in a compact to rent.
    Felt nice.
    Glock still feels like a huge brick, I just don't feel like I have control of the weapon.

The XD9 felt nice, now I just need to wait on my next pay check.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i dont like either gun, but if i were to get one, i'd probably get the glock in .40. if i was getting a modern pistol (i'd be kicking and screaming) i'd probably get a SIG or a Steyr. i love the .357 SIG round, its a BAMF. just my $.02

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Anyone had problems with their XD having light primer strikes? My XD-45 recently started doing this. I need to send it to SA and see what the problem is. Kind of a let down considering the gun has maybe 300 rounds through it.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Anyone had problems with their XD having light primer strikes? My XD-45 recently started doing this. I need to send it to SA and see what the problem is. Kind of a let down considering the gun has maybe 300 rounds through it.

My buddies XD-45 has far more rounds through it and nary a problem... give SA a call I hear they are very responsive.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    i hate glocks they have never felt right in my hands and just never been turned one to them i just bought another beretta and as soon as my 30 days are up:tdown: already have another one picked out :thumbsup:. this time in .22 just for fun and to not go broke everytime i go to the range. i looked at the xd's they seem like good guns i considered buying one till i got my hands on a px4. my best advice would be to call around to some ranges that have the guns you like or want for rent and try them out first. my brother just got a s&w sw99 i think is the model number he likes it, but i didn't like shooting it at all and didn't have a good feel for me.

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    The first gun I ever bought was an XD40 Tactical. I'm not the most accurate with it, but man I love the way it feels.

I almost bought a compact Glock with both a .40S&W and a .357 Sig barrels.

After firing both I made the right choice for me.

As for finding a range with both available to rent, try Continental. I'm pretty sure they have both available.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    i compared the glock with the xd a few months ago and i liked the XD for a few reasons

#1 the magazine release on the glock was awkward for me to get to, had to change grips on the gun to get to it which i didnt like.

#2 the slide release on the glock was very small and difficult to opperate.

neither of these problems existed on the XD.

I havent picked up the xd yet but i am very much wanting to.

A buddy of mine got the xd .40 sub compact and he loves it. This one is a little to small for my hands to fit comfortably so i'm going to go with the compact version instead.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    i just called bass pro about the 4" compact .45 xd and it looks like it is not on sale and is $589.

I assume the one on sale is the service model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom