• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    Better hurry and get one. In Maryland you won't be able to have those soon..............

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    the black one
    That's short, with the thing that goes up?

What happened on Sine Die? I have not been briefed. Any new encroachments on 2A rights that I should be aware of? Someone said I lived under a rock because I was confused about the plastic bag thing in AACo. I live in my own little world of children's sports, house maintenance, and when I have any time shooting, so I'm usually late to the party.

Not asking Melnic directly just anyone.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter

What happened on Sine Die? I have not been briefed. Any new encroachments on 2A rights that I should be aware of? Someone said I lived under a rock because I was confused about the plastic bag thing in AACo. I live in my own little world of children's sports, house maintenance, and when I have any time shooting, so I'm usually late to the party.

I took it that SG was calling the Tool a dumocrat troll.

Sine Die is adjournment of the MGA for the year. Once we pass that, we don't have to worry about new, unconstitutional, gun laws until the next year.
    Every legislative session we get new members asking very suspicious questions. It almost seems like they might be anti-gun people working in Analpolis (sic) trying to bait us. The OP screams of that type of person, but about four months late.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Sine Die is adjournment of the MGA for the year. Once we pass that, we don't have to worry about new, unconstitutional, gun laws until the next year.
    Every legislative session we get new members asking very suspicious questions. It almost seems like they might be anti-gun people working in Analpolis (sic) trying to bait us. The OP screams of that type of person, but about four months late.
    Ah I got that it was the end of the session just curious if I missed any new laws I need to be concerned with. Like things that were legal that are no longer legal, they like to pull that one a lot. You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.

And I agree that people with low post counts asking legal questions can be perceived as sketchy, especially when they haven't introduced themselves and just joined 2 weeks ago.

Looks like the Gov. has until May 28th to sign/veto anything, and then they should take effect on October 1st?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    What's the best SBR that is considered a pistol in Maryland?

No such abomination exists.

SBR
    = Short Barreled RIFLE.

PISTOL = a handgun.

Short Barreled Rifle​

Image of a Short Barreled Rifle

Classification

Short Barreled Rifle

Distinctive Characteristics

Rifle
    having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.

Rate of Transfer Tax $200.00
    -------------

18 USC 921(a)(8) The term “short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    What's the best SBR that is considered a pistol in Maryland?

: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
    : handgun

Gun Control Act Definitions

Pistol​

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11

The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:

• a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);
    • and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

Note: This illustration shows the primary characteristics exhibited in the pistol category. Since pistol configurations differ significantly, various models in this classification may exhibit any of the illustrated components in a revised configuration, but not necessarily all components shown will be incorporated in any given design.

1714591718680.jpeg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Except for Maryland , where all ( < 16 inch bbl SBR are already considered Pistols in addition to being Rifles .

So in that vein , any or all of them .

May 16, 2012
    Worth noting the "considered pistol" part of MD law has nothing to do with what is banned and what is not. That only affects the laws regarding transport, not what is and isn't banned in the Public Safety (gps) article.

(ianal)

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Yup. When in the process of tranport, SBRs fall under the same regs as pistols in Merryland.
    Worth noting the "considered pistol" part of MD law has nothing to do with what is banned and what is not. That only affects the laws regarding transport, not what is and isn't banned in the Public Safety (gps) article.

(ianal)
    Is there an echo in here? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom