• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    I wouldn't trust one of the discount safes.....my firearms are too valuable to me to lose to a thug with a pry-bar. I got mine at Thompson Safe in Frederick. http://www.thompsonsafes.com

Holy crap. One of those safes uses 1 inch thick plate. Can only imagine how much that weighs and costs. I want one!

My Victory is better than the one they have in that video and wedged into a crawl space and bolted down so somewhat safe but 1 inch thick plate. :party29:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I got a Cannon on sale from Tractor Supply, I think it was $535 on sale out the door. It suits my needs just fine. Like most of the Mexican import safes it's a good safe to keep kids and stupid criminals away from your guns, but remember that you get what you pay for.

If you really something good that will keep a determined criminal away from your stuff you should get a Fort Knox. Also, bolt it to the floor.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I will post pics of how it arrived and other pics because there just arent that many pics of sturdy safes around.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    cannon safe from tractor supply. they will load it but unloading and getting it in the house is a job for 6 good men if you get the biggest one they have.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I wouldn't trust one of the discount safes.....my firearms are too valuable to me to lose to a thug with a pry-bar. I got mine at Thompson Safe in Frederick. http://www.thompsonsafes.com

The owner of Thompson Safes seems like a good guy you would want to deal with. The only problem is the last 5 times I stopped by to check out his safes he had nothing to show anyone. What he always seems to have is plenty of excuses why he doesn't have anything to show. It always seems as if he is operating on a shoestring and I'm always waiting for him to go out of business.

Mx121

Jan 26, 2013
    Severn
    My safe from Tractor Supply came and went today. Was badly scratched up and they colored it with black marker. Now have to wait for a new one.

Deer Slayer!!!

Mar 12, 2013
    Carroll County
    I looked at 20 gun safes from both TSC and BPS a couple years ago and went with one from BPS and it has served me well. Has a nice push button combo to enter your code, not sure what happens when the battery dies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom