• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scot

Jun 27, 2012
    Sykesville
    I always get good pricing from the recycler in Owings Mills. That is for Copper. Through the rumor mill I hear Fredrick is generally higher. Just not high enough to justify a special trip. They are all typically close in price.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have a bunch of wheelweights, and some scrap brass. Is there some place local that buys scrap metal?

some one on here will want the wheel weights for reloading. for copper and batteries and brass etc. i usuall go to the scrap yard on rt.488 in Bryantown. most other places will take your stuff but rip you off by paying scrap steel prices. if you have tons of scrap steel then go the the place in wechanicsville with the red white and blue fence. they usually pay cash.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    some one on here will want the wheel weights for reloading. for copper and batteries and brass etc. i usuall go to the scrap yard on rt.488 in Bryantown. most other places will take your stuff but rip you off by paying scrap steel prices. if you have tons of scrap steel then go the the place in wechanicsville with the red white and blue fence. they usually pay cash.

Thanks, I was hoping to hear a recommendation for them.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    there is also a place just off route 5, as soon you turn left on laplata bypass road to the hospital.

wheelweight are lead? you may want to resell them to those who cast their own boolits. :)

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    very timely info - I've been collecting all the scrap from my property to take somewhere

I also have the old 6TL batteries from the deuce (80 pounds each) that need to do something with.

mostly aluminum and steal/iron (separated)

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    the place on 288 is waldorf metal co ?

is the place in mechanicsville that you are talking about the auto recycler?

the place on 488 is, i believe now called waldorf metal co.

and yes that is the name of the place in mechanicsville.

Wahama90

Here is where I take my stuff, it might be a little far but they usually pay 2X everyone else. When Super Salvage was paying me $0.65 lbs Smith was giving me $1.50 for the same thing. If I were you I would call around first to get a quote from everyone then decide where to go.

Joseph Smith & Sons
    2001 Kenilworth Avenue
    Capitol Heights, MD 20743
    (301) 773-1266
    M-F: 7:30am-4:30pm
    Saturday: 7:30am-11:30am

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Along these lines, anyone know if they will take a cut up car frame?

I'm not running a chop shop or anything, just have an old project that will never get done.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Along these lines, anyone know if they will take a cut up car frame?

I'm not running a chop shop or anything, just have an old project that will never get done.

dont see why not. it is metal. just make sure the vin no is not on it.. haha

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That's what I was thinking, but for some reason I thought the scrap place had to be a certified auto dismantler, or something....lol

if its a whole car they want a title but for old cut up syuff they dont worry about that. just dont have something that looks like you are running a chop shop.

and smith does pay good but they usually want you to have an account with them and its a long ways. its good if you have a lot of stuff though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom