• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    good day guys, i just bought a few weeks ago my Saiga 223. I was expecting that my local Indoor range ( Continental and Select fire) allows this caliber. But unfortunately, a big no. So Where is the nearest place to fire my Saiga 223. I called up Baltimore County Game and Fish but you have to be a member. I am in the Rosedale /Golden ring area. Any Shooting Range I can use?:o

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    good day guys, i just bought a few weeks ago my Saiga 223. I was expecting that my local Indoor range ( Continental and Select fire) allows this caliber. But unfortunately, a big no. So Where is the nearest place to fire my Saiga 223. I called up Baltimore County Game and Fish but you have to be a member. I am in the Rosedale /Golden ring area. Any Shooting Range I can use?:o

prob a drive for you but myrtle grove is $20 a year...thats the only one i know of sorry...

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    make sure to update the thread with a review of the rifle. I've been fantasizing about a .223 rifle and the saiga is about the only thing in my price range. Well, if I had a price range. All i have now are wants and hopes :)

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    I think the nearest place to shoot would be Horst and Mcann down near Kingsville since I am from Rosedale area.The range price seem good though the have this no lead bullet rule. from what I understad is if its a JHP( jacketed hollow point) its ok and if FMJ its not. Well right now I have 40 rnds of remington HP and 100 of Remington green box though it doesnt say whether if its FMj or HP. Maybe I will call them first to see how much they sell their ammo, just to make sure I have enough for the budget:innocent0

Attachments

• IMG00036.jpg
      IMG00036.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 317

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    does yours shoot a good flame? mine seems to have a lot of pressure and fire come out the barrel :)

always a nice little fireball from the Saiga .223. Might just be the 16" bbl and no flash hider. :D:thumbsup: We've managed to capture a few photos here and there of an orange flame about the size of a soccer ball at the muzzle. :party29:

Rainman, I see you went the Tapco T6 route for 922r compliancy, too. I hated that stock at first but it's growning on me. I just needed something to get my parts count down so I could buy some 30 rounders. It was tough having shot about 900 rounds with the factory montecarlo stock and sudddenly having to replace my comfortable cheek weld with a wierd "chin weld". I'm thinking about one of those M4-style cheek risers to bring that cheek weld back. In theory it should snap right onto that tapco stock. Otherwise, I'm breaknig out the dremel and doing the pistol grip conversion hehehe. Never done it before but it looks easy :cool:

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    always a nice little fireball from the Saiga .223. Might just be the 16" bbl and no flash hider. :D:thumbsup: We've managed to capture a few photos here and there of an orange flame about the size of a soccer ball at the muzzle. :party29:

Rainman, I see you went the Tapco T6 route for 922r compliancy, too. I hated that stock at first but it's growning on me. I just needed something to get my parts count down so I could buy some 30 rounders. It was tough having shot about 900 rounds with the factory montecarlo stock and sudddenly having to replace my comfortable cheek weld with a wierd "chin weld". I'm thinking about one of those M4-style cheek risers to bring that cheek weld back. In theory it should snap right onto that tapco stock. Otherwise, I'm breaknig out the dremel and doing the pistol grip conversion hehehe. Never done it before but it looks easy :cool:

I have another Tapco stock coming. I doubled ordered and its on its way. Wanting to sell it. By the way, I called up Horst and Mccann and the werent not allowing any ammo thats not fragmentable. So if asked how much their ammo is and it is 37 per 50 rounds WOW. I guess I have to bite the bullet nextweek so I can fire my saiga for the first time.:envy:

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    Finally fired my SAiga 223 at Elk Neck this afternoon. I went there and with no target stand along, I was forced to "lay down" my paper targets at the backstop beyond the 100 yard line. All I can say was the saiga was accurate. At first I was trying to find out how to use the sights but after a few round, I got in the rhythm. My paper targets were almost shreded into pieces. The Saiga was also reliable. No jams whatsoever. There was another group who was shooting their AR15 M4 and I think they had at least 2 jams when I left.
    Now at least I have confidence that my Saiga will shoot when called upon.:)

Attachments

• IMG00038.jpg
      IMG00038.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 238

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Finally fired my SAiga 223 at Elk Neck this afternoon. I went there and with no target stand along, I was forced to "lay down" my paper targets at the backstop beyond the 100 yard line. All I can say was the saiga was accurate. At first I was trying to find out how to use the sights but after a few round, I got in the rhythm. My paper targets were almost shreded into pieces. The Saiga was also reliable. No jams whatsoever. There was another group who was shooting their AR15 M4 and I think they had at least 2 jams when I left.
    Now at least I have confidence that my Saiga will shoot when called upon.:)

Next time, you can use about 40' of twine or string between 2 of the posts to hold your target. One run for the tops, one run for the bottoms.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    Nice find on the Saiga. I could be wrong, but Gilberts in Rockville allows rifle. Its only a 75' range I believe however, but nonetheless at least you can squeeze off some rounds.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Haven't been to Gilberts recently, but from what I recall its a pretty nice place. I had to watch a 30min video and take an exam even when I was there for a day pass (its a membership range) and have already completed an MD safety course. Downsides are you have to buy their ammo as stated per MoCo law and you may have to kill it all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom