Which AR do you recommend that is MD compliant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Looking for my first AR. I'd like something that is easy to maintain, clean, and shoot. Reliability is a priority as well.

The purpose will probably start off as a defense gun for you know...the zombie apocalypse. But eventually, I want to take it to the range regularly and add customizations to it.

I see a bunch of PSA complete uppers and lowers that are a good price, but I don't know if they are any good.

I'd like something preferably sub $1000 to start. I want it under 7lbs and able to shoot 556/223.

Does anyone here have advice for someone getting into AR's? Which model and which MD store to buy them?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Looking for my first AR. I'd like something that is easy to maintain, clean, and shoot. Reliability is a priority as well.

The purpose will probably start off as a defense gun for you know...the zombie apocalypse. But eventually, I want to take it to the range regularly and add customizations to it.

I see a bunch of PSA complete uppers and lowers that are a good price, but I don't know if they are any good.

I'd like something preferably sub $1000 to start. I want it under 7lbs and able to shoot 556/223.

Does anyone here have advice for someone getting into AR's? Which model and which MD store to buy them?

Go to Engage Armament in Rockville, they probably have a bigger selection than most shops in the area, including their own line.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Windham is what I'd get if I were buying a complete rifle. The PSA stuff I've had has been amazing, especially considering the price.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Stop by Atlantic Guns, United Guns, and Engage Armament. Shop around. They're all in Rockville.

I stopped by Atlantic...they only wanted to sell me an IWI Zion 15
    I stopped by United...they only wanted to sell me a Zastava AK
    The last time I went to Engage, I told them my budget and the showed me something twice my budget.

But I'll try again... I'd love to support the local shops but sometimes they make it hard ;-)

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I am not an AR guru, but if I get another one, it might be this one......
    https://atlanticfirearms.com/windham-weaponry-ar15-rifle-r16a4t-heavy-barrel-carbine
    Windham Weaponry is what became of Bushmaster if I have the story right.

Windham is what I'd get if I were buying a complete rifle. The PSA stuff I've had has been amazing, especially considering the price.

Yeah - that one.

Windham hbar

If I were in the market, I'd strike while the iron is hot and snatch this up while you can

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    IWI Zion is the one I'd jump into for MD. Most places aren't putting out mid length FSBs. They're generally going to be carbine length. Buying one with a free float handguard out of the box can save money if you plan on customizing further.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    IWI Zion is the one I'd jump into for MD. Most places aren't putting out mid length FSBs. They're generally going to be carbine length. Buying one with a free float handguard out of the box can save money if you plan on customizing further.

I have no experience with these, but I have heard great things about them and you do make a good point.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    From somewhere:

"Radical got a pretty bad rep early in their career, but a quick search of "Radical Firearms" in the bar on the right seems to suggest their earlier problems have been fixed? (No personal experience with the brand but I've seen a few pics of their rifles blown apart)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom