• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Another vote for M4E1. The M4E1 has a pretty good mag well bevel, too.

Still have to deal with the forward takedown spring/detent trying to fly away. I've got the right size clevis pin, which helps but isn't fool proof, so I just make sure there's a pillow or something to keep the spring/detent recoverable.

But not really a billet lower, it just looks like one. Machined from 7075-T6 forging.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Another vote for M4E1. The M4E1 has a pretty good mag well bevel, too.

Still have to deal with the forward takedown spring/detent trying to fly away. I've got the right size clevis pin, which helps but isn't fool proof, so I just make sure there's a pillow or something to keep the spring/detent recoverable.

I love my Real Avid pin tool

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Also, will most billet receivers accept "cassette" triggers and/or anti rotation pins?

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Also, will most billet receivers accept "cassette" triggers and/or anti rotation pins?
    Yes all will accept cassette triggers, most will accept ati walk pins. Don't get hung up on those pins, mostly hype IMO.

I've never run a set of the anti walk pins in anything & that's with Hyperfire, Trigger tech, Geissele, Larue, & AR Gold. All of them have a feature within the trigger beit cassette or component that locks the pins in place. Never had a pin walk.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes all will accept cassette triggers, most will accept ati walk pins. Don't get hung up on those pins, mostly hype IMO.

I've never run a set of the anti walk pins in anything & that's with Hyperfire, Trigger tech, Geissele, Larue, & AR Gold. All of them have a feature within the trigger beit cassette or component that locks the pins in place. Never had a pin walk.
    Some 'drop-ins' do not have built in pin retainers. Rise Armaments don't, for example. I recommend, if your (cassette) trigger comes with anti-walk pins, use them.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, I was just checking because ADM even says on their site that only "traditional" ar triggers will fit.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah, I was just checking because ADM even says on their site that only "traditional" ar triggers will fit.
    I have to admit, I've never come across that. I stay away from ARs that are loaded with proprietary parts. You never know how long that company will be around. One of those parts breaks somewhere in the distant future, one could be screwed.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    I have a Hyperfire Eclipse in my ADM. The Hyperfire's do come with pins & utilize the std. type spring detent in a pin groove.
    Of the triggers I mentioned the Eclipse is my current favorite.

I'm a bit of a trigger snob & just haven't come across a trigger that didn't have a method to retail the pins. Not surprised some don't though.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    A few years ago someone on here was talking with me about his lowers. He liked CMTTAC. They are billet.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    No issues getting their 100% lowers sent to FFL. The 80% are now verboten.
    That's what I thought. It's been a while since I purchased any lowers, so I wanted to make sure things were still ok. This state is so jacked up...

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Went with the JL Skeletor. By the time I paid extra for the ambi bolt catch on the NFA, they're really close in price.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Depends on why you want billet or non-milspec. For an all around solid build with good featurs and price, Aero M4E1, have built dozens, they are my favorite unless I need something unique. Radian, SLR, cobalt. Top tier awesome, pretty much have to use the matching upper and handguard.

V7 enlightened. It's srupid light and looks cool, no threaded pin, but I built one with relative ease into a sub 5# rifle, which is the point of this.

Have built on Mega/Zev also. It's a solid lower, but like other top tier, best to use a matching upper/handguard. Mine is a monolith upper/handguard and Hex profile. Built easy, excellent fit, it was a popular billet receiver for years. It's cool, anodizing is smooth and jet black, not the same shade as most AR receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom