Which C&R Gun you shoot the most and which do you shoot the least?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

We all have fav C&R guns that we shoot, but there are ones that we shoot more than other. I shoot my mosin's more than others because the ammo is still (fairly) cheap and they're a blast (sorry for the bad pun).
    The gun I shoot the least is my Steyr M95 carbine, for several reasons:
    1- The ammo isn't cheap (I don't reload-yet)
    2 - The recoil is BRUTAL-very BRUTAL
    (I would shoot my M44 over that beast any day)
    :party29:
    So as Aragorn said in one of the Lord of the Rings movies:
    What say you?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    images

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I probably shoot my "designated shooter" M91/30 and my k98k the most out of my C&R guns. I have a list of guns I won't shoot just because of collector value, ammo cost, or any other reasons.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I shoot my SKS and 1944 M39 the most. I never shoot my 1968 M39. It's unissued. I am waiting for a special occasion to pop it's cherry.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    M1 GARAND
    M1 Carbine
    1910 DWM Luger
    1940 Colt 1911
    M1917 S&W

Not in that order but they are the ones that make it out most . Not to mention all the old Winchesters.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Interesting question. Sometimes the flavor of the range day is the deciding factor. Mosins & Mausers get their share of range time, but Enfields, Arisakas, Carcano's etc. are usually begging to go play too.

Toks and CZs take up very little space at the range. They need to be fed often. :)

The "safe queen" would have to be my CZ-82. It needs a refinish and I haven't gotten that project on the bench yet. :sad20:

For you folks who are timid about Steyr M95s...they're a boatload of fun to shoot. Especially when you cheaply shoot your own reloads in them. :thumbsup:

Nicholas

May 18, 2013
    Montgomery County
    My Mosin Nagant the most right now. As you say the ammo is cheap also I mounted a scope and am trying to sight it in. I find that I am leaving my Lee Enfield 303 behind more and more often, not for any good reason it's a fine rifle.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    most would clearly be the CZ82. probably the answer for most anyone that has one. least? does this count C&R guns that probably cannot be safely shot?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    As for c&r, Sks is my fav long gun and cz82 is my fav handgun

Same here! There's a three-way tie for the handgun with the CZ-82, the Star B, and and one of my Sistemas. I carry the CZ_82, so I try to stay proficient with that one. (It's fun to shoot an open-sight 1958 Sino-Albanian SKS, off an open bench, at a steel target 200 yards away and hear more "PLANK!" responses than the guy next to me with the 30-06, big scope, and gun rest.)

The least-fired is also a Sistema. It's the one that I call, "The Dictator" because it was apparently a presentation piece during the days of Juan Peron. It's gold and silver plated, has been fired (but VERY little), and needs to be kept looking as new as possible. It's not often you find an Argentine in excellent condition with no import mark and even the mag number matching.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    It has to be the CZ82 and the CZ50 the most and the Turk Mauser the least.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Try to do a "theme day" so some stuff gets range time. For instance: Straight Pull Day has me bringing a Ross, a Schmidt Rubin and a M95.
    But if I had to narrow down to just one its my Springfield M1922.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    the least is easy, most of my guns have not been fired by me.

not because i dont want to, i just dont get to the range that often, and get to the rifle range even less.

of what i have shot, my k98's are my most frequent, idont always bring the same one, but i always like to bring out a k98 or some type of mauser on my range trips.

a close tie would be my star b and cz-82's, those are always a ton of fun to shoot.

i always bring a number of things though, im usually at the range with my brothers and friends so im mostly just shooting for fun, so its more interesting to shoot various things, plus it also helps so i dont blow through a ton of one type of ammo at once.

ill probably be shooting mosins more often in the future the way ammo prices have been, and lots of .22 to soak up the range time.

im thinking i need a nice bolt action .22 trainer one of these days, i love my autoloaders, but im a bolt gun guy at heart, and i love milsurp, so a trainer would go a long way for cheap shooting fun for me.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    SKS & a .25 vest pocket, I shoot the heck out of both of them. They are 2 of my best shooters out of everything I own

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom