• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    So Jeep, think you could spare a few thousand rounds for us lowly, ammo-poor bastards? ;)

What and risk being under 50,000 rounds? That's just crazy talk! :D

I'm scrambling around for ammo like everyone else. I'm buying 5.56 a fast as I can afford it. I'm trying to build the stock of 75 & 77 gr ammo up.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Hello,
    Since getting back into handgun shooting and protection, I have been having a heck of a time finding good cheap ammo. I got lucky at Wal Mart a few weeks ago and got 2000 rounds of WWB 9mm but they have been sold out since then and my new Springfield XDm killed all the ammo... According to the manager, they have no idea when more is coming in. This is the same story for 3 of my local Wal Marts. I understand there is an ammo run but somebody here has to know something I don't. Where are you all buying your ammo and how much are you paying for 9mm Luger? I'm in Owings Mills btw. I'm looking for as cheap as possible...just NOT steel casing.

A.) I'm wondering where you have been for the last 4 or 5 months.
    B.) I'm guessing you will know better to blow through 2K rounds in a couple weeks next time out.
    C.) I give the board credit for not torching you with the current environment of ammo supplies being what they are and you asking people who's stockpiling ammo and following it up with:

"I got lucky at Wal Mart a few weeks ago and got 2000 rounds of WWB 9mm...my new Springfield XDm killed all the ammo... Where are you all buying your ammo?" :lol:

BGAndrea

Mar 28, 2009
    A.) I'm wondering where you have been for the last 4 or 5 months.
    B.) I'm guessing you will know better to blow through 2K rounds in a couple weeks next time out.
    C.) I give the board credit for not torching you with the current environment of ammo supplies being what they are and you asking people who's stockpiling ammo and following it up with:

"I got lucky at Wal Mart a few weeks ago and got 2000 rounds of WWB 9mm...my new Springfield XDm killed all the ammo... Where are you all buying your ammo?" :lol:

A.) Just got back into pistol shooting. (Apparently not at the cheapest time)
    B.) Yes, that seems like a good decision.
    C.) I do too.

Jay

Balanced
    Mar 11, 2009
    Hello,
    Since getting back into handgun shooting and protection, I have been having a heck of a time finding good cheap ammo. I got lucky at Wal Mart a few weeks ago and got 2000 rounds of WWB 9mm but they have been sold out since then and my new Springfield XDm killed all the ammo... According to the manager, they have no idea when more is coming in. This is the same story for 3 of my local Wal Marts. I understand there is an ammo run but somebody here has to know something I don't. Where are you all buying your ammo and how much are you paying for 9mm Luger? I'm in Owings Mills btw. I'm looking for as cheap as possible...just NOT steel casing.

Why not steel casing?

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Hell, I would not mind waiting a few weeks for the ammo with a group buy IF I got a decent price. I just refuse to pay $20+ for target .45.

I've shot a bunch of .45 lately and am down to under 250 rounds. All this with a new .45 for the fiance' coming into the mix this week. She'll be raring to put a bunch of rounds down range....I'm the one who has to find it, buy it, and clean the guns lol. But it ain't really funny.

Splitter

BGAndrea

Mar 28, 2009
    Hell, I would not mind waiting a few weeks for the ammo with a group buy IF I got a decent price. I just refuse to pay $20+ for target .45.

I've shot a bunch of .45 lately and am down to under 250 rounds. All this with a new .45 for the fiance' coming into the mix this week. She'll be raring to put a bunch of rounds down range....I'm the one who has to find it, buy it, and clean the guns lol. But it ain't really funny.

Splitter

Don't complain. My fiance HATES guns.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Originally Posted by fftootall34
    whats ammo? i just run 300 yards down range bayonet fixed and slash the targets

HOW TO SAVE AMMO

jayg-vs-la-la.jpg

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I'm just shootin the 22lr plinkster for now until the madness passes. That and "trying" to find powder for my 308 :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom