• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Esqappellate?

Bingo! C'est moi. And, as much as I hate SB281 as enacted, I can't tell you how pleased I was that the final bill dropped the assault rifle registration requirement. That alone will keep a lot of good folks from getting arrested and losing their guns.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    That's some guy named Mark. I think he lives in Annapolis, because he was there every time I went there during the GA session. He'd likely be voted "best hair on the forum" if it weren't for that dark haired lad.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    That's some guy named Mark. I think he lives in Annapolis, because he was there every time I went there during the GA session. He'd likely be voted "best hair on the forum" if it weren't for that dark haired lad.

Lol.. teratos .. the dark hair one.

marquis708

BANNED!!!
    Feb 6, 2013
    MD.
    Thanks for posting this video. Would you please tell me why a 19 year old can buy a long rifle but would get in trouble for buying a ammo. Why? please forgive me I am a bit behind when it come to some laws.
    thanks

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Because it was part of SB281 might still be!!!!

Last I recall it was removed... but there is now assault evil heat seeking bullets are no no if used in criminal activity.

And still current fed law.. no under 21 can buy handgun ammo.

(Dblas will correct me) lol

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Last I recall it was removed... but there is now assault evil heat seeking bullets are no no if used in criminal activity.

And still current fed law.. no under 21 can buy handgun ammo.

(Dblas will correct me) lol

The solid core bullets add a 5 year mandatory sentence when used in a crime of violence. So, it is still alright to use those Barnes bullets for deer hunting even if you violate a DNR law. Just do not murder your hunting buddy with them or you get an additional 5 years tacked onto the sentence for murder.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The solid core bullets add a 5 year mandatory sentence when used in a crime of violence. So, it is still alright to use those Barnes bullets for deer hunting even if you violate a DNR law. Just do not murder your hunting buddy with them or you get an additional 5 years tacked onto the sentence for murder.

Yep.. make sure you know your target and what's behind it. ;)

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Because it was part of SB281 might still be!!!!

Nope, the ammo restriction for minors was changed. In the final bill, as enacted, the ban on minor possession of ammo was deleted. As of Oct.1 minors may possess any kind of ammo under SB 281 (putting aside federal law) unless they are disqualified persons under other provisions of SB 281 and state law. That is in Section 5-133, IIRC. I know for a fact (cuz I was there in the back room) that MSI and others forced that change by highlighting the absurdity of the total ban on minor ammo possession. Governor's people then claimed the total ban was inadvertent. Sure it was. Oddly enough, SB 281 actually amends the current version of 5-133(d) to delete the prior ban on possession by minors on ammo designed solely for handguns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom