• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Someone said you had to have a VA license to use VA ramps this year...you hear anything about that?

Related...do you need a VA license to fish the tribs of the Potomac that are on the VA side? i'm gonna check on thrse
    That may be new. I sold my boat over 14 years ago so, I couldn't tell ya.

There are boundaries in the Va. tribs IIRC. I held a Va. license, but was never checked while fishing.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    That may be new. I sold my boat over 14 years ago so, I couldn't tell ya.

There are boundaries in the Va. tribs IIRC. I held a Va. license, but was never checked while fishing.
    they have signs out now saying you cant use the ramp unless you are launching a boat or actively fishing...i think someone was misinterpreting that. i didn't find anything on df&w website on it.

you're retired now...time for a new boat!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    they have signs out now saying you cant use the ramp unless you are launching a boat or actively fishing...i think someone was misinterpreting that. i didn't find anything on df&w website on it.

you're retired now...time for a new boat!
    Wish I could afford one! :lol2:
    The good ol' days...

1000001392.jpg

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Too much waste for my liking, but yeah, I got no bones to pick with those who filet :D
    Back when I used to kill trout, these were stream bred Browns, I would slow fry them in a pan of bacon grease. They were so tender, you could grab the tail and tease the meat right off the bones, skin and all. I miss those days, but had I not finally stopped keeping legal fish(over 15", one per day), I would have decimated them from the creek.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Back when I used to kill trout, these were stream bred Browns, I would slow fry them in a pan of bacon grease. They were so tender, you could grab the tail and tease the meat right off the bones, skin and all. I miss those days, but had I not finally stopped keeping legal fish(over 15", one per day), I would have decimated them from the creek.
    I used to do that at little Patuxent River. One over 15" per day. Caught many browns and a few big Rainbows. Did best after a small rain and seemed they were feeding better then. Used lures of course. Sometimes Fly fishing

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I used to do that at little Patuxent River. One over 15" per day. Caught many browns and a few big Rainbows. Did best after a small rain and seemed they were feeding better then. Used lures of course. Sometimes Fly fishing
    That's where I fished for them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom