• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Caught my first Snakehead yesterday. Was at the Nanticoke River bass, perch, pickerel, and crappie fishing and doing really good on the bass. Then out of nowhere I got a vicious strike and thought this is BIG. Too big to be anything we thought we would catch. Then I thought maybe a Rockfish. NOPE. I had never had a fish fight like this before. The line/fish did not run. It just sat there and wiggled. The fish was sitting there shaking its head back and forth very hard. I was using a 6' light action spinning rod and reel with 6lb. line and a small perch pounder spinner bait. I really wasn't sure what the hell I had on. It put up a great fight but was no match for ME!

Here it is.
    View attachment 451702
    what were you using for bait?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Man this thread isn't getting much attention lately. What happened to all you hardcore fisherman? Come on and knock the dust off those rods and get out for some fishing action!

Let me finish sadly packing up my hunting stuff and I'll dust off the fishing stuff.
    Same here.

Last day hunting was Tuesday. Was in the fishing store yesterday, topping off tackle supplies. Gonna start pond hopping for crappies/pickerel pretty soon.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Not been fishing but I have started to mount the new dual graph mount, the Helix 10 and the Humminbird 360.

Attachments

• IMG_20240204_114909463.jpg
      IMG_20240204_114909463.jpg
      269.1 KB · Views: 24

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Soooo it seems there's been a few Talapia found in the Potomac lately.... anyone have any insight on this? Im heading out friday nite to sneak some bowfishing in and wouldn't mind adding one to the list.

Last edited:

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Picking up my fishing kayak tomorrow, plan to get out this weekend and test it out. Hopefully I dont drown LOL

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    What did you get?
    Native titan x 12.5

Last edited:

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Western Sierra opens late April.
    I gave it a rest for about 5 years but it should be hot action soon that I'm looking forward to.
    awesome, I gotta see when they will stock the gunpowder this year or if they will stock Deer Creek I tried using the MD DNR site but it refuses to load for me I had to go to my local outfitters last year to renew.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Soooo it seems there's been a few Talapia found in the Potomac lately.... anyone have any insight on this? Im heading out friday nite to sneak some bowfishing in and wouldn't mind adding one to the list.
    Confirmed!

Attachments

• 0210240923.jpg
      0210240923.jpg
      362.6 KB · Views: 45

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Caught my first Snakehead yesterday. Was at the Nanticoke River bass, perch, pickerel, and crappie fishing and doing really good on the bass. Then out of nowhere I got a vicious strike and thought this is BIG. Too big to be anything we thought we would catch. Then I thought maybe a Rockfish. NOPE. I had never had a fish fight like this before. The line/fish did not run. It just sat there and wiggled. The fish was sitting there shaking its head back and forth very hard. I was using a 6' light action spinning rod and reel with 6lb. line and a small perch pounder spinner bait. I really wasn't sure what the hell I had on. It put up a great fight but was no match for ME!

Here it is.
    View attachment 451702
    Did you keep it? I hear they are good to eat

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Native titan x 12.5

Oh boy you went all in, congratulations.

Got into some catfish today on the Potomac with #1 son. Amazing February day to be out on the water.
    IMG_8973.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom