• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    My never ending stay-awake-at-night overthinking fest...wondering just WHY Democrats running this state HATE us gun owners so much. Is it 100% political or do they all really deep down inside really just hate us? And why do they hate us? I've read a few pieces written by people who used to be gun haters ( 1 a journalist), and it puts a small insight into it, but it still does not explain people like Frosh and the usual MD circle-jerk. I've taken time to try to understand the anti gun mentality, I wish they would objectively do the same and try to understand us. How can someone like Frosh not understand the fear women have of walking alone in a state park, or anywhere urban/suburban at night? Right to carry is not just "old white men", it's ME and other women too, and a regular melting pot of races and even LGBT people. And the whole Democrat party has become just as guilty as him, at not understanding. They can't all be sociopaths can they?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    IMO...

The politicos view it politically, and it's a means of control. Nothing more or less. An armed and/or aware populace is a threat to their power.

The media is used to perpetuate the myth of danger to the sheeple, who have been conditioned to fear over the decades.

Once sheeple are conditioned, the Pols smile.

Problem is...

We're starting to peel back the veil of lies, and that threatens the control factor. Once that falls, the media can't cover it up, and sheeple realize they've been had.

OOPS...

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    I think another issue is many have poor impulse control and envision themselves turning a gun on themselves or others. The imprint that mindset and think everyone else thinks the same as they do. "If I'm going to kill myself or someone else, so would everyone else!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Its more than that though most liberal progressive politicians have a superiority complex and they know that an armed citizenry is counter to their place in the ivory tower. And they can't even see how any average person would need/want to defend themselves as they would be frozen with fear themselves which is why they surround themselves with armed guards so they don't have to deal with the messy business of defending themselves.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think another issue is many have poor impulse control and envision themselves turning a gun on themselves or others. The imprint that mindset and think everyone else thinks the same as they do. "If I'm going to kill myself or someone else, so would everyone else!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Leftists also have a need to pigeonhole and stereotype people, and they have fostered a few negative stereotypes for gun owners -- all bad:

Bible-toting, gun clinging small-town hicks
    Urban gun-packing thugs/gang members
    Redneck camo-wearing gun-toting bambi-killers
    Militaristic camo-wearing people hunters
    etc.

Leftists have no idea that things are otherwise, because they have no personal experience. Just stories and stereotypes fostered by the media, hollywood, academia, and politicians.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Liberalism is a mental disorder. Symptoms include a lack of rational thought and loss of touch with reality.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    My never ending stay-awake-at-night overthinking fest...wondering just WHY Democrats running this state HATE us gun owners so much. Is it 100% political or do they all really deep down inside really just hate us? And why do they hate us? I've read a few pieces written by people who used to be gun haters ( 1 a journalist), and it puts a small insight into it, but it still does not explain people like Frosh and the usual MD circle-jerk. I've taken time to try to understand the anti gun mentality, I wish they would objectively do the same and try to understand us. How can someone like Frosh not understand the fear women have of walking alone in a state park, or anywhere urban/suburban at night? Right to carry is not just "old white men", it's ME and other women too, and a regular melting pot of races and even LGBT people. And the whole Democrat party has become just as guilty as him, at not understanding. They can't all be sociopaths can they?

I'm convinced that they don't hate us...

Very simply they think that they are the new shiny things that know everything & that we are low brow old timers, non tinkers, obstructionists who are stuck in the past with our old time ways...

Listen to Hillary & Bernie it's in non verbally expressed in every think they say...

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I think it goes deeper, to class issues. The leaders of the Left regard themselves as The Elite. Meaning they are superior to Tax Peasants, and expect to underline that. The situation is exacerbated by the urban/rural division. They think I'm a provincial (despite having traveled to 30 states and 9 countries on four continents) and uneducated (despite a B.S. plus two Masters-equivalent programs).

High-proof snobbery trumps sound policy and political strategy with our opponents.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Generations of programming by dumbsh*t unicorn worshipping libtards that would rather ruin this great nation in support of their ideology rather than save it from the realities.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    They fear most that which they cannot control.

That seems correct. If the populace is armed, then a rebellion against a tyrannical government could occur. That was the original point behind the 2nd Amendment.

To take it even further, the democrats knew that an uneducated populace would find it difficult to rebel. Hence making it illegal to educate slaves and, eventually, freedmen. That led to Jim Crow laws.

It's always been about control and the leftists want to keep themselves in power because they, in their minds, actually believe that they know what is best for society. If they take away our 2nd Amendment rights, that just gives them more control.

Sorry for the incoherent rant. 4 day weekend started for me a few hours ago.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    Fear and Laziness.

Fear: Guns can be used to hurt a lot of people. This is scary.

Laziness: Understanding why people decide to hurt lots of other people is difficult. Figuring out who those people are is difficult. Learning how to defend yourself from people who want to hurt you is difficult.

Deciding that ALL people who have guns must be bad is easy. Getting the government (ie someone else) to take away the guns is easy.

The fear can be valid, the laziness is inexcusable.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That seems correct. If the populace is armed, then a rebellion against a tyrannical government could occur. That was the original point behind the 2nd Amendment.

To take it even further, the democrats knew that an uneducated populace would find it difficult to rebel. Hence making it illegal to educate slaves and, eventually, freedmen. That led to Jim Crow laws.

It's always been about control and the leftists want to keep themselves in power because they, in their minds, actually believe that they know what is best for society. If they take away our 2nd Amendment rights, that just gives them more control.

Sorry for the incoherent rant. 4 day weekend started for me a few hours ago.

Hmm... Think the intentional, longstanding "dumbing down of America" might come into play here somewhere? :innocent0

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    OP, I disagree with you. I accept my inferiority and hope they will forever let me grovel from my lowly station. They proudly Rule from their rightful place on high and it's my pleasure to shower them with holy praise...and you should, as well.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A certain number of them are low information -/ extrapolating their personal experiences and biases random Do Gooders, who probably think they are doing a good thing.

But at the core of those pulling the ( well meaning do gooder's) strings, the real issue is Control. Protecting victims, or lowering crime generally is of no concern, and only manipulated ( or lied about) for sound bite value.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    The bigotry of the Froshites reminds me of people who say "faggot" and the n-word. Just a seething hate based on ignorance or tradition. This is not just regarding the elite jerks like Frosh, but the vast underlings. It's like a lighter version of Jim Crow, and which pertains to all colors. How do they not realize this? What I have gathered at least with journalists, is that to them "NRA" is a hate word and the NRA is like the KKK. Froshites are not just the snotty D lawmakers of MD, they are in every state, at every level, every color, and both genders. A majority of people can't stand animal rights vegans as they prove themselves every time they open their mouths as hateful bigot idiots. Yet when an anti gunner displays the same behaviors, hardly anyone bats an eye. Yet, so many people lawfully own guns, or think guns are cool, and Hollywood and video games do nothing but glorify guns. It's like everyone is cool with guns except a teeny minority ( vegans are a teeny minority too). That teeny minority of anti gunners welds so much power. At least vegans have some real facts behind being who they are ( factory farms, etc). I have never figured out why people en mass follow sociopaths and psychopaths, over and over. Must be pure herd mentality and lack of rationality. Well, I am glad I am neurodiverse, question the crap out of everything, walk a quiet path- and while I am not a super genius or NASA engineer, I am still goddamn smarter than 95% of humanity. It's a blessing and a curse.

And I posted this in this section, so their spies can see it. I know they come here.

Self defense is a natural right. Would you deny a raccoon it's claws and fangs when cornered by it's enemies?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Because they live in some dream world utopia where guns are unnecessary because all the bad people are good, the wildlife takes contraceptives to control population, and the whole world loves each other. Anything that does not fit with the dream must be eliminated.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Because they live in some dream world utopia where guns are unnecessary because all the bad people are good, the wildlife takes contraceptives to control population, and the whole world loves each other. Anything that does not fit with the dream must be eliminated.

The gulags await for the ones that don't fit in. The left only pretends to be tolerant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom