• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Cheap to stockpile, so folks who would normally buy a couple hundred rounds just clean the shelves when they find some. It'll be months yet before everyone has what they feel is enough.

hey, what's with the getting back on topic, we're in the midst of a threadjacking here :rant2: :D

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• lancearmstrong1.jpg
      lancearmstrong1.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 277

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    c'mon man, that was 10 years ago. Everyone got doped...err, I mean duped:whack:

I popped the hood on my Mother's '96 Subaru Outback? once.

It had four, in-line, Hamster Wheels and a Habi-Trail for an exhaust system.

She told me she was having trouble adding oil to bring the level up.

I asked her why and she showed me where she was adding the oil.

She was pouring it drop by drop by drop into the dip-stick tube.

The look on her face when I removed the oil cap was priceless.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    hey, what's with the getting back on topic, we're in the midst of a threadjacking here :rant2: :D

My apologies.

Drove a friend's Subaru a couple times. Thing struck me as being cheap and tinny. No offense. FWIW I wasn't in need of 4x4 drivetrain at the time, which might have altered my perception of the vehicle.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    My wife drives a Forrester. It is, I think, our eighth Subaru. They are the best AWD vehicle that you can buy for the money. I can't wait for .22 LR to become more readily available. My stockpile is getting shorter.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm on that one too. Hopefully they'll fill it, but if not, we're not out anything. I'm not too optimistic.

Yeah. I don't know how long I'll wait around for it. I've been putting money aside each month so that I don't take a big hit when it does come back. Though, if it never does....then it looks like I have quite a head start on whatever gun I want to buy at that time!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I popped the hood on my Mother's '96 Subaru Outback? once.

It had four, in-line, Hamster Wheels and a Habi-Trail for an exhaust system.

:lol2: :rofl:

Hey, at least she didnt point to the brake fluid reservoir or the washer fluid :shocking:

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013

An acquaintance of mine had a limited edition 1980 MGB convertible (the last year for American sales). His girlfriend was driving it one day and it overheated a bit.

She let it cool down and added a quart of antifreeze. Into the oil fill hole on the valve cover.

The car and the relationship both died that very day.

(Sorry about the threadjack).

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I have a couple thousand rounds that I had before the shortage and ironically if I saw bricks on the shelf at reasonable prices I would buy more. .22 is just a caliber that you can never have enough of.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    An acquaintance of mine had a limited edition 1980 MGB convertible (the last year for American sales). His girlfriend was driving it one day and it overheated a bit.

She let it cool down and added a quart of antifreeze. Into the oil fill hole on the valve cover.

The car and the relationship both died that very day.

(Sorry about the threadjack).

Bad mix all the way around.

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    Holy S#1+ Batman....is that a "Brat?"
    Until consumer confidence is at a level that they (we) FEEL that we can get it any time we need/want 22lr, then it will be purchased in bulk (horded - or any other term you would like to use to make it more palatable). I purchased when it was plentiful and at "normal" prices. Whenever I see more at a reasonable amount, I purchase a little here and there. My girlfriend calls it "ridiculous," but until you have your favorite pistol or rifle sitting idle w/out ammo (aka paper-weight) it will never be logical/practical.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    You have to be at Walmart at the right time in the morning 7am. Two weeks ago I got 3300 rounds and earlier this week I got 3775.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Yes sir. I had an 86 that was a total rust bucket. But I sold it for twice what I paid :innocent0
    I'd love to snag a rust free 78 and do an ej257 swap :D

My parents has a Brat way back they bought one new in 1978 first year for them. My dad's friend was a Subaru mechanic he always had at least one. I always wanted to find one rust free and that is just getting harder and harder

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I have a couple thousand rounds that I had before the shortage and ironically if I saw bricks on the shelf at reasonable prices I would buy more. .22 is just a caliber that you can never have enough of.
    My point exactly; .22lr at reasonable prices is always a good call :thumbsup:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I used to have an '02 WRX hatchback, it was a fun car. Recently got a (used) '14 Impreza hatchback. No turbo this time, got to save $$ for .22 ammo instead of high-octane gasoline. :>)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom