Why is the Glock 21 the best pistol on the market today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AbolishTheNFA

Mar 12, 2024
    Frederick
    Simply put: The Glock 21.4 is the best semi-automatic pistol chambered in 45 ACP on the market today.

It beats the HK, SIG P220, HK, FN, S&W M&P M2.0, even the 1911. Most, if not all, well known manufacturers have stopped making QUALITY doublestack 1911's in 45 ACP. One can go smaller, or larger with the 1911 (yes, it's taller with a longer slide). It's just right in size for a duty sized weapon. It's light and carries 14 rounds onboard. The Glock 30 is nice--I have two--but it's a smaller concealed carry gun. It's far more reliable than my Nighthawks and Colts, as much as I hate to say it. My HK45c is nice, but I can't work on it, is even more top heavy in terms of balance, and the grip is slick and skinny. I like my P220's too, but they're DA/SA and only hold nine rounds onboard. It beats the Glock 21.5 since it's brand new and has no track record. If anything, customers will debug it over the next two years before I buy a 21 Gen 5.

I carry mine AIWB or strongside. People who say they cannot conceal this gun are the same ones that talk about concealing their 1911 (which is taller and Governments are longer).

If I were a cop, I'd carry this for patrol. If I were in the military, I'd put this gun on my plate carrier.

Long live the Glock 21!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This will not necessarily be a popular opinion: With advances in ammunition technology, there is no good reason to carry anything larger than a 9mm.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I love shooting my G21SF but I also still love my Ruger P90 as well as my 4506 and my various 1911s ranging Government, CC LW to a Colt 1991 OM

Carpenters don't limit themselves to one hammer, Golfers do carry more than one club and Magicians always have more than one trick up their sleeve.

This will not necessarily be a popular opinion: With advances in ammunition technology, there is no good reason to carry anything larger than a 9mm.
    This is correct. But when 9mm +P+ doesn't cut it, you can keep a 9mm bullet and widen the rest of the cartridge. A 9mm 124gr HP at 1450fps is nothing to sneeze at.
    357-sig-ballistics-vs-9mm.jpg

Last edited:

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I had a 30 and those plastic lined double stack mags in the iwb carrier felt like I was trying to smuggle cans of Pepsi into the theater.

AbolishTheNFA

Mar 12, 2024
    Frederick
    This is correct. But when 9mm +P+ doesn't cut it, you can keep a 9mm bullet and widen the rest of the cartridge. A 9mm 124gr HP at 1450fps is nothing to sneeze at.
    357-sig-ballistics-vs-9mm.jpg
    .357 sig is my second favorite.

Now that we’re all in agreement that the Glock 21sf is the best .45 acp, what is everyone’s favorite semi-auto rifle?

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    I would wager good money a stock Glock 21 isn't going to outshoot me with my stock Sig P220 and mine has a 10+1 magazine..

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I kinda like the idea of a .45 ACP AR pistol like the radial delayed blowback CMMG Banshee for subsonic suppressed use.

G21 is a great companion for that since they use the same mags.

AbolishTheNFA

Mar 12, 2024
    Frederick
    Gotta be the AR-15. Can I get a “hell yeah!”

The Assault Rifle 15 lets Freedom ring from sea to shining sea! The only gun control I need is this index finger. If Zelensky would use that 100 billion on Glock 21’s and AR-15’s the war would be over in two more weeks.
    F-16’s, drones, and Patriot missile systems do nothing compared to a populace of patriots equipped with 5.56 and .45 calibers of freedom.

.45 acp carbine has a nice ring to it, but I can’t buy a leather shoulder holster to dual wield that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom