• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Does anyone know or understand the cause of delays in accepting wear and carry permit applications? Seems like some folks get accepted in just a few days, others wait weeks. I'm currently on day 8 after submitting with no movement. My prints were done 8 days prior to submitting my application. Why the delay in accepting it? I don't get it.

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    It looks like they are going by the numbers. Not an expert here, but if someone started an application back in 2020 but never finished it and then restarted that app, they are at the front of the line. Their number is 20HGxxxxx. I submitted mine on July 8. My number is 22HG31xxx. I am the 31000th person to submit in 2022.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    It looks like they are going by the numbers. Not an expert here, but if someone started an application back in 2020 but never finished it and then restarted that app, they are at the front of the line. Their number is 20HGxxxxx. I submitted mine on July 8. My number is 22HG31xxx. I am the 31000th person to submit in 2022.

When did yours get accepted?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I started my application on 6/23 but couldn't submit it until 7/17. My number is 22HGP0163xx. I don't think start date has anything to do with the order in which the app is accepted.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Somebody has to check each application and make sure it's complete. Those somebodies are state employees. Speed varies I guess.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I started my application on 6/23 but couldn't submit it until 7/17. My number is 22HGP0163xx. I don't think start date has anything to do with the order in which the app is accepted.
    I started after you, submitted the 18th and got accepted on Saturday. My number is higher than yours 22HGP0282XX. To make you feel better, no movement since and my friends who submitted earlier same day haven’t been accepted either.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Processing of the payment. The application isn't accepted until your payment clears.
    Then there is the sheer volume of applications.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Some people have been accepted in hours. Even people who submitted early July. Others have taken two weeks. I know two people who submitted between 7/9 and 7/12, both were accepted within 24hr, both have NCIS numbers now. The status on their app has not changed, but i expect both to have the card early next week.

Its hard to know what the reason is. Could be document format (jpg vs pdf), the way that they answered the questions, whether they filled in the QHIC number when they uploaded the qual sheet, who did their fingerprints, etc.

Or, it could be random (apps are routed to workers that check apps at different rates).

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Some people have been accepted in hours. Even people who submitted early July. Others have taken two weeks. I know two people who submitted between 7/9 and 7/12, both were accepted within 24hr, both have NCIS numbers now. The status on their app has not changed, but i expect both to have the card early next week.

Its hard to know what the reason is. Could be document format (jpg vs pdf), the way that they answered the questions, whether they filled in the QHIC number when they uploaded the qual sheet, who did their fingerprints, etc.

Or, it could be random (apps are routed to workers that check apps at different rates).
    7/9 here and didn't get accepted until 7/21. Seems 12-14 days from accepted to approved though.

RobRockz

Dec 3, 2021
    Calvert County
    Does anyone know or understand the cause of delays in accepting wear and carry permit applications? Seems like some folks get accepted in just a few days, others wait weeks. I'm currently on day 8 after submitting with no movement. My prints were done 8 days prior to submitting my application. Why the delay in accepting it? I don't get it.
    Mine took almost 3 weeks until it was accepted. Submitted on the 7th and accepted on the 19th.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Mine was accepted on 7/19 and has been in “awaiting assignment” status since. I bet they’re busy.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I agree, I started 6/23 and have 22HGP016XXX, submitted on 7/10, and accepted on 7/21. It looks like there's about 2 weeks between submitting, acceptance, and issuance.

and yes, I cannot print my 77Rs or print my HGP application to see if I've been assigned a NICS.

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I agree, I started 6/23 and have 22HGP016XXX, submitted on 7/10, and accepted on 7/21. It looks like there's about 2 weeks between submitting, acceptance, and issuance.

and yes, I cannot print my 77Rs or print my HGP application to see if I've been assigned a NICS.
    Thanks for checking.

Your timeline, submission, acceptance, and app number are damn near identical to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom