Why was my thread about contacting your elected officials on your day off deleted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Why was my thread about the snow day being a perfect chance to contact your representative deleted?

It was in the proper forum. It was on topic for what the forum stands for. It was even promoting the very reason the forum was created!

So what rule did it break?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Did you read the entire thread from Norton? He says threads regarding the legislative session caused lots of dupes. Does a post about writing letters to state and federal representatives fall into that category.?

Sure does.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Did you read the entire thread from Norton? He says threads regarding the legislative session caused lots of dupes. Does a post about writing letters to state and federal representatives fall into that category.?

Sure does.

Ah sorry for being proactive and trying to get people thinking about standing up for their rights on their unscheduled day off.

My bad. I'll sit and watch as our rights get trampled on from now on.

And for the record, writing your elected representative has nothing to do with the current legislative session, it has everything to do with your civic duty at all times.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    I think you are going a bit over board on that one ..

I don't. You're not on a board about the newest revolver, you're on a forum about gun rights.

Go work in ANY legislative branch and you'll see how important constituent input is. It is the bedrock of the member's vote. Those who talk are those who are heard. Those who are silent remain unknown.

Many of us here feel strongly about out rights, especially 2nd amendment rights. That is why we are here.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Ah sorry for being proactive and trying to get people thinking about standing up for their rights on their unscheduled day off.

My bad. I'll sit and watch as our rights get trampled on from now on.

And for the record, writing your elected representative has nothing to do with the current legislative session, it has everything to do with your civic duty at all times.

I would think the mods don't agree with you. That's why your post was moved/deleted. But keep on doing it your way and keep asking where your posts go.

I Could not care less. Just trying to tell you why it happened. Not getting into a discussion of what constitutes legislative related posts. Apparently the mods felt your post did. You don't have to agree but don't complain when it happens as I gave you Norton's explanation for it.

Or complain to them via PM.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    I would think the mods don't agree with you. That's why your post was moved/deleted. But keep on doing it your way and keep asking where your posts go.

I Could not care less. Just trying to tell you why it happened. Not getting into a discussion of what constitutes legislative related posts. Apparently the mods felt your post did. You don't have to agree but don't complain when it happens as I gave you Norton's explanation for it.

Or complain to them via PM.

Okay, I'll be silent. No more rattling the cages and trying to get boots moving.

I'm sorry for my action. I will stop helping forward the Pro-2A cause in MD.

Good luck.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Okay, I'll be silent. No more rattling the cages and trying to get boots moving.

Good luck.

Thats what I am talking about right there .. Yes we care .. How od you know what others have done on this board yet you assume that since your post was deleted nobody cars ... so please stop ..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Good luck.

Noodle, I think you are completely missing the point. No one is telling you to stop you posting. A mod simply asked that posts that are similar go into the proper forum and if possible an existing thread. He apparently felt your post met some or all of the criteria to be moved/deleted

If you want t go have a tantrum, be my guest.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Thats what I am talking about right there .. Yes we care .. How od you know what others have done on this board yet you assume that since your post was deleted nobody cars ... so please stop ..

Noodle, I think you are completely missing the point. No one is telling you to stop you posting. A mod simply asked that posts that are similar go into the proper forum and if possible an existing thread. He apparently felt your post met some or all of the criteria to be moved/deleted

If you want t go have a tantrum, be my guest.

I am not assuming nobody cares. I know people here care. I know many people are passionate about their rights, and go much further than I have to further their views.

What I am talking about is when a thread is deleted that was in the proper forum, not duplicated, not on the current legislative session, and is about the reason why the forum was made. Why? That is all I am asking. The only unofficial answer I am getting is it was on a topic already covered.

Can someone link me to the similar thread about the idea of using your snow day stuck indoors to stand up for your rights?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am not assuming nobody cares. I know people here cares. What I am talking about is when a thread is deleted that was in the proper forum, not duplicated, not on the current legislative session, and is about the reason why the forum was made. Why? That is all I am asking. The only unofficial answer I am getting is it was on a topic already covered.

Can someone link me to the similar thread about the idea using your snow day stuck indoors to stand up for your rights?

I would suggest that you PM one of the mods to find out why the post was deleted and stop complaining about it.. Apparently our explanations do not satisfy you. Your beef is with them, not anyone else

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    First of all, only the police and military should write their reps on their snow day.

Secondly, I didn't get no stinking snow day.

Thirdly, let's all try to remember that we're on the same side.

And forthly, the mods may have been a little over zelous with the delete, but that's their perogative.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Dude, just PM DD or one of the mods and they will explain why it got nuked or moved. It's happened to me before and they have had no problems giving me an explanation.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Not the same. My thread was focused on national representatives,with MD being the smallest one. Hence why it was put last. I meant not to step on toes. Also why I did not include specific issues, they are different between the national and state.

I'll let it be what it is. The mods don't want to focus people where I was. Fair enough.

I was only implying that your valuable information, IMHO, would have been that much more valuable placed in that thread. I have a feeling that the MODs were probably thinking along the same lines. Of course I could be very wrong about my interpretation of why some posts get deleted or merged.

"Click here to E-mail members the House Judiciary Committee" seems rather close to, "write your representative at the federal and state levels".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom