• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Will the Glock 42 make it to Maryland? Just wondering if we are dealing with postponement by the Handgun Board or is an outright ban expected? Thanks for any thoughts on this annoying issue.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    When is the next go-around?

The wife won Glock A Day this year and I think that's the one we'll end up getting. (We have five others so the 42 is just a novelty at this point.)

I believe it was this past week and I think it was on the list

There is a thread somewhere here on the forum with the findings

Sent from my rewired speak and spell

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I was approved this week. A new list with that inclusion will be out in a month or two, then you cab buy one.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    as of friday the gun connection said they had the green light to sell the 42

Are they anxious to get rid of the pre-mod stock? I haven't heard, but I'd guess Glock will recall all those G42s previously shipped to MD FFLs so they can be modified or replaced.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Are they anxious to get rid of the pre-mod stock? I haven't heard, but I'd guess Glock will recall all those G42s previously shipped to MD FFLs so they can be modified or replaced.

What was the fix? Also that would mean all of the guns shipped (nationally) would have to be recalled, right? Assuming that the gun actually had a safety issue. They couldn't just fix the Maryland guns and leave all of the others owners out in the cold with an unsafe pistol in their pocket!

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    What was the fix? Also that would mean all of the guns shipped (nationally) would have to be recalled, right? Assuming that the gun actually had a safety issue. They couldn't just fix the Maryland guns and leave all of the others owners out in the cold with an unsafe pistol in their pocket!

Originally Posted by NateIU10
    Glock changed the way the firing pin block works in all 42s. The Board was concerned that the FP protruded when you lock the slide back. That was my understanding from the Glock rep at the meeting.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Originally Posted by NateIU10
    Glock changed the way the firing pin block works in all 42s. The Board was concerned that the FP protruded when you lock the slide back. That was my understanding from the Glock rep at the meeting.

What???????? So confused........ Why did you quote what Nate wrote?

I understood what he wrote! He said that the firing pin block was redesigned for the Glock 42! This new design allowed the firing pin to protrude when the slide was locked in the open position. Okay, now what was the fix that got the Glock 42 approved? Was there an actual fix or was there some sort of clarification from Glock on the new design that (MSP understood) which helped get the gun approved this go around?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    What???????? So confused........ Why did you quote what Nate wrote?

I understood what he wrote! He said that the firing pin block was redesigned for the Glock 42! This new design allowed the firing pin to protrude when the slide was locked in the open position. Okay, now what was the fix that got the Glock 42 approved? Was there an actual fix or was there some sort of clarification from Glock on the new design that (MSP understood) which helped get the gun approved this go around?

Actually, the firing pin can protrude from the breech face of any glock. They simply made it so the firing pin on the 42 does not smack into the firing pin block, extending the life of the firing pin by 50% (what the rep quoted). There are some differences between the first batch of 42s and current production, but I believe the firing pin issue the Board had was not "fixed" by the changes, but tabling was due to misunderstanding by the Board. The rep also stated that, if there is ever a Gen 5 Glock, the new mechanism would be in all of them.

Dry fire a Glock, retract the slide and tip it forward. You will see the firing pin through the breech face. That was the issue they had. They do not drop test firearms submitted to the Board.

Again, this is what I believe, but cannot state it with complete certainty.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Actually, the firing pin can protrude from the breech face of any glock. They simply made it so the firing pin on the 42 does not smack into the firing pin block, extending the life of the firing pin by 50% (what the rep quoted). There are some differences between the first batch of 42s and current production, but I believe the firing pin issue the Board had was not "fixed" by the changes, but tabling was due to misunderstanding by the Board. The rep also stated that, if there is ever a Gen 5 Glock, the new mechanism would be in all of them.

Dry fire a Glock, retract the slide and tip it forward. You will see the firing pin through the breech face. That was the issue they had. They do not drop test firearms submitted to the Board.

Again, this is what I believe, but cannot state it with complete certainty.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the clarification!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom