• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    A quality replacement barrel, should your Glock need it. I am not a Glock owner and non of my 1911's have WC barrels in them. Maybe Chad can add something?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Gotcha. I didn't know if these were supposed to be for competition use or something similiar.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Glock makes a superb Factory Barrel for longevity and reliability. For those puropses one is a FOOL to replace a Glock Factory Barrel.

Glock just started releasing Factory Threaded Barrels for Suppressed Applications. These are also an excellent application for a long service life and maximum reliability when using a Suppressor. Sadly many Aftermarket Barrels are Softer and are "Tightened/Accurized/Match Grade" which can cause reliability problems when a Suppressor is attached. Suppressors also impart added forces which can accelerate wear on the lockup areas of a Browning Style Pistol System. Glock Barrels are so well made that theiy resist this wear exceedingly well.

Aftermarket Barrels often to do nothing well except for increase accuracy. Aftermarket Barrels often change the Throat Lead, tighten up Headspace, use different Rifling for acceptable Lead Projectile use, tighten Lockup, change Ramp Angles, change Case Support, and tighten the Chamber diameter. All of these things can make Feeding, Extraction, going into Battery, Ammunition sensitivity and other things become a more strained task. All of these things make a Glock something different than what it was intended.

I have no experience with Wilson Glock Barrels yet so I wont say anything good or bad about them, but Aftermarket Glock Barrels in general are going to eventually take Glock Legendary Reliability and tarnish its name the same way the M1911 has been tarnished by tightening and aftermarket parts.

A Glock CAN be improved with aftermarket parts but not many people understand the gun well enough and have the necessary tools and skill to refine the weapon without sacraficing reliability. Im sure before Im an old man Ill have a cabinet full of malfunctioning Glocks to make reliable again just like today where my cabinet is full of M1911's

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Glock makes a superb Factory Barrel for longevity and reliability. For those puropses one is a FOOL to replace a Glock Factory Barrel.

Glock just started releasing Factory Threaded Barrels for Suppressed Applications. These are also an excellent application for a long service life and maximum reliability when using a Suppressor. Sadly many Aftermarket Barrels are Softer and are "Tightened/Accurized/Match Grade" which can cause reliability problems when a Suppressor is attached. Suppressors also impart added forces which can accelerate wear on the lockup areas of a Browning Style Pistol System. Glock Barrels are so well made that theiy resist this wear exceedingly well.

Aftermarket Barrels often to do nothing well except for increase accuracy. Aftermarket Barrels often change the Throat Lead, tighten up Headspace, use different Rifling for acceptable Lead Projectile use, tighten Lockup, change Ramp Angles, change Case Support, and tighten the Chamber diameter. All of these things can make Feeding, Extraction, going into Battery, Ammunition sensitivity and other things become a more strained task. All of these things make a Glock something different than what it was intended.

I have no experience with Wilson Glock Barrels yet so I wont say anything good or bad about them, but Aftermarket Glock Barrels in general are going to eventually take Glock Legendary Reliability and tarnish its name the same way the M1911 has been tarnished by tightening and aftermarket parts.

A Glock CAN be improved with aftermarket parts but not many people understand the gun well enough and have the necessary tools and skill to refine the weapon without sacraficing reliability. Im sure before Im an old man Ill have a cabinet full of malfunctioning Glocks to make reliable again just like today where my cabinet is full of M1911's

hey chad, my friend bought a lonewolf barrel for his glock chambered in 357 sig, but when he tried to manualy eject a loaded shell he said it was jammed in the chamber and he had to pry it out with a screw driver. he said it shot fine though. is this something he needs a smith to look at? btw he swapped out the barrel 'cause he didnt like the ported recoil feel.

also are aftermarket barrels octagonal like glock barrels or do they have conventional rifling?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The only thing is Wilson Combat gets their barrels from Wilson Arms (unrelated). Just saying that product stepped on twice (wilson Combat and wilson arms) is usually more than one stepped on once (glock)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    hey chad, my friend bought a lonewolf barrel for his glock chambered in 357 sig, but when he tried to manualy eject a loaded shell he said it was jammed in the chamber and he had to pry it out with a screw driver. he said it shot fine though. is this something he needs a smith to look at? btw he swapped out the barrel 'cause he didnt like the ported recoil feel.

also are aftermarket barrels octagonal like glock barrels or do they have conventional rifling?

Im not aware of any aftermarket Polygonal Glock Barrels. Only the Factory ones are polygonal from what I have seen.

If the round is sticking the throat is likely too tight causing the round to engage the rifling. This can cause a pressure spike which can cause the casing to blow out where the chamber support is absent (Ramp Area) and destroy the gun. Easy way to see if its the chamber or the throat is to paint a round with majic marker and hand chamber it and drop the slide hard. Pry the round out and see where the marker wore off, thats where the contact is.

Lone Wolf may correc this under warranty if the throat is too short. It may become less accurate but you dont want to spike the presure on a .357 SIG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom