• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanrk

Oct 8, 2014
    I finally got my May 2023 Winchester Target Rifle & Pistol Ammo rebate check from Repco Logistics, Inc and deposited it at my Credit Union yesterday. This morning, got a call saying someone with a "young male voice" called them using my name and requested my account balances, but hung up immediately when asked for the account access code word. Could be a coincidence, but it was the only non-direct deposit or regular online bill payment transaction I've done there in months. Anybody had a similar experience? If you deposit a check from Repco anytime soon I'd keep an eye on your accounts, just in case.

rgdguns

Feb 21, 2016
    At one time I serviced scanners in a 3rd party credit card application processor. They would open the envelopes scan and upload the applications to the credit card companies. Between the applications dropped behind the equipment and the employees comparing reported income on the applications with each other it was an eye-opener. This was 20 years ago when everything was paper. I decided to pass on the Winchester rebates in September I valued my privacy for the month at more than $150. I try to keep my info as private as possible especially my ammo purchases.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    At one time I serviced scanners in a 3rd party credit card application processor. They would open the envelopes scan and upload the applications to the credit card companies. Between the applications dropped behind the equipment and the employees comparing reported income on the applications with each other it was an eye-opener. This was 20 years ago when everything was paper. I decided to pass on the Winchester rebates in September I valued my privacy for the month at more than $150. I try to keep my info as private as possible especially my ammo purchases.
    Geeze. Buy with credit and your info will probably be sold to everyone within 30 days anyhow. And leaked to the dark web within 6 months. Privacy is a myth if the internet is involved.

I tend to pay cold hard cash for fireams in person. At least I'm not telling the banker class what hardware I'm buying. But ammo...money v. privacy? I figure I'm already on all the good lists.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Well you are on the internet so chances are they all already know and if you have a smart phone and bring it every where forget it you gave that stuff up.

My dad is very much so a privacy person he won't buy anything online, he uses only cash, and if you ask for ID to buy ammo he will not shop there.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Is anyone still waiting on their Rebate from this promotion? I'm about to enter my 10th week waiting and I was concerned because the Priority mail track still shows it was never picked up at the SAINT LOUIS post office, but I can't imagine it's just sitting there and not returned.

In terms of fraud, Someone with my name and address opened an ATT Cellular account and tried to purchase an iPhone15 about 4 weeks after my rebate form showed up at the SAINT LOUIS PO..

Could it be? Maybe.. I rarely do rebates but I'm all over the net so who knows. They never applied for the credit for the phone, but I froze my credit files anyway..

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Is anyone still waiting on their Rebate from this promotion? I'm about to enter my 10th week waiting and I was concerned because the Priority mail track still shows it was never picked up at the SAINT LOUIS post office, but I can't imagine it's just sitting there and not returned.

In terms of fraud, Someone with my name and address opened an ATT Cellular account and tried to purchase an iPhone15 about 4 weeks after my rebate form showed up at the SAINT LOUIS PO..

Could it be? Maybe.. I rarely do rebates but I'm all over the net so who knows. They never applied for the credit for the phone, but I froze my credit files anyway..
    I'm still waiting, but no where near ten weeks. These rebate things always seem to take forever.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford

I sent all my rebates out end of September I am exspecting to get the check in January if I get it before then awesome I can use that to buy my dad's red dot.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Still no rebate. They received on Nov 3, it was supposed to take 6-8 weeks. Well beyond that now...

Amount: $110.00
    Retailer: AmmoMan
    UPC: 02089220892225084

Your rebate has been received and began processing. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing to complete and for your check to mail. Thank you.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Checking to see if other are still waiting on this rebate. Winchester site says my stuff was received 11/17/23 and was processing and to allow 6-8 weeks. We’re now close to 16 weeks and nothing. Anyone else waited this long?

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I got my rebate maybe three weeks ago. It was a very long wait, but it got here in the end. Based on when I sent mine in, yours should be arriving imminently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom