• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Just shot the Winter Skeet League at LRSTC this morning. Beautiful day for it.
    Every other Sunday. $12 for 50 birds. STS shells as prizes.
    Give it a shot.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I have GOT to get myself up there and try this. I rarely shoot skeet (more a SC guy), but I joined LR a year ago and I just haven't been there too much. :o:o

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I have GOT to get myself up there and try this. I rarely shoot skeet (more a SC guy), but I joined LR a year ago and I just haven't been there too much. :o:o

Ryan, I'm off till next year, lets get out and throw some lead

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Ryan, I'm off till next year, lets get out and throw some lead

Will do bud. I've got a company events over the next week or so but I'm hoping to get a trip to Loch Raven in and a couple to Oxford for Sunday sporting Clays.

RedCobra, you're welcome to join us for a trip to Oxford if you like?

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Will do bud. I've got a company events over the next week or so but I'm hoping to get a trip to Loch Raven in and a couple to Oxford for Sunday sporting Clays.

RedCobra, you're welcome to join us for a trip to Oxford if you like?

Keep me abreast

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Is this a league league or can you just show up and shoot any given Sunday?

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Okay, dumb question....Is "LRSTC" Loch Raven?

I also had the same question as pbharvey, and do you have to be a member or is it open to the public?

I am guessing this is likely the closest place to me to shoot skeet (I'm in Carroll). Been to PG Co., but I'm usually alone on the field.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster

I also had the same question as pbharvey, and do you have to be a member or is it open to the public?

I am guessing this is likely the closest place to me to shoot skeet (I'm in Carroll). Been to PG Co., but I'm usually alone on the field.

I'm usually at PG on Sundays. I also go there alone but join up with others. Send me a PM if you are looking for a shooting partner!

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

Yes

I also had the same question as pbharvey, {see my post above yours} and do you have to be a member or is it open to the public?

It's open to the public, but they also have a Membership. Reduced rates and a say in the running of the club.

For public and open times it probably is

Mack

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

The Winter Skeet League is open to the public.

LRSTC is Loch Raven Skeet and Trap Center

Winter Skeet info here. Registered (NSAA) and non-Registered
    http://www.lochravenskeettrap.com/winterleague.php

You can also stay after the event and shoot more 12:00 PM till 5:00 PM (Trap fields open 10-5)

Non Members can get a card that gives them a free round after every 10 rounds. (11th round free)
    You can be a voting member for $20/year
    You can get a FSP (Frequent Shooters Program) Card for $200/yr and get reduced rates on all rounds all the time and also includes the voting membership.

If you have not shot at LRSTC before you need to register as a new shooter (free) here.
    http://www.lochravenskeettrap.com/newshooterintro.php
    You can register any time on line from your phone or home computer. Once you have registered you never have to register again.

Email redcobra with questions

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    NEW Announcement:
    LRSTC Has just added a Winter Trap League

SPECIAL WINTER TRAP LEAGUE: The Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center (LRSTC) is offering an abbreviated Winter Trap League starting in January of 2017 to gauge interest and see if this might be an event we wish to offer on a larger scale next year.
    This inaugural Winter Trap League will consist of three (3) Sunday events to be held from 10am – 12noon on the following dates:
    • Sunday, January 15, 2017
    • Sunday, January 29, 2017
    • Sunday, February 12, 2017

The entry fee is $12 each Sunday for two (2) rounds of trap. The following prizes will be awarded each Sunday:
    • 1-5 Shooters = 1 Box of Shells to winner
    • 5-10 Shooters = 2 Boxes of Shells to Winner, 1 Box to Runner-Up
    • 15 Shooters or More = 3 Boxes of Shells to Winner, 2 Boxes to Runner-Up and 1 Box to 3rd Place
    Each weekly competition will consist of 2 rounds of trap. The first round will be shot at the 16 yard line. The shooter's score will determine their handicap yardage for the second round. All shooters who shoot a first round of 22 or less will shoot their second round from the 22 yard handicap line. Shooters who score a 23 will shoot their handicap round from the 23 yard line. Shooters who score 24 or better on their first round will shoot their handicap round from the 24 yard line. Both rounds will be shot with the same squad and the second round is shot immediately following the first round. Squads will be made up on the fly to avoid any need for pre-registration.
    We thank board member Roger Lipman for organizing and coordinating this inaugural league.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    NEW Announcement:
    LRSTC Has just added a Winter Trap League
    SPECIAL WINTER TRAP LEAGUE: The Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center (LRSTC) is offering an abbreviated Winter Trap League starting in January of 2017 to gauge interest and see if this might be an event we wish to offer on a larger scale next year.
    This inaugural Winter Trap League will consist of three (3) Sunday events to be held from 10am – 12noon on the following dates:
    • Sunday, January 15, 2017
    • Sunday, January 29, 2017
    • Sunday, February 12, 2017

The entry fee is $12 each Sunday for two (2) rounds of trap. The following prizes will be awarded each Sunday:
    • 1-5 Shooters = 1 Box of Shells to winner
    • 5-10 Shooters = 2 Boxes of Shells to Winner, 1 Box to Runner-Up
    • 15 Shooters or More = 3 Boxes of Shells to Winner, 2 Boxes to Runner-Up and 1 Box to 3rd Place
    Each weekly competition will consist of 2 rounds of trap. The first round will be shot at the 16 yard line. The shooter's score will determine their handicap yardage for the second round. All shooters who shoot a first round of 22 or less will shoot their second round from the 22 yard handicap line. Shooters who score a 23 will shoot their handicap round from the 23 yard line. Shooters who score 24 or better on their first round will shoot their handicap round from the 24 yard line. Both rounds will be shot with the same squad and the second round is shot immediately following the first round. Squads will be made up on the fly to avoid any need for pre-registration.
    We thank board member Roger Lipman for organizing and coordinating this inaugural league.
    Carney Rod and Gun club has a fairly sizeable winter trap league on Sunday mornings. Might let them know it may effect the turnout for this shoot. Sunday afternoon might draw a few more shooters that will already be in the area.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Shooting at PG tomorrow afternoon from 2-5 if anyone wants to join. Skeet of course. Supposed to be a nice 60 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom