• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    Is there a forum for women on Maryland Shooters? I have been looking around and haven't seen anything obvious. Now I am totally used to being the only female - happens at work and other places, but I have a couple of women who I am encouraging with their firearms activities. They checked in here and were not feeling especially comfortable. Having a forum for them to go post questions would be awesome. Thanks!

CyberBat :patriot: promising to stop lurking and begin more active posting

The suggestion has merit if you could get enough traffic and convince folks to go with the purpose of that forum.

I was talking today with one of the vendors at the Frederick show. We were discussing revolvers vs semi-automatics. He found that revolvers worked better in classes for women where they didn't have a background in firearms. They are straightforward to operate and don't require the same strength to load and unload. That type of discussion can go sideways in an open forum. This is a generalization that is not true in all cases. There are plenty of examples people will mention where their wives/daughters/girlfriends can use a semi-auto.

CFCE

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Mary's Co.
    The same old stuff (people trying to get back in after being banned) pops up all of the time...managing this site is gotta be a lot like "herding cats". Too many rules and people bail out, too few and it gets outta hand, so when each "side" complains equally, that's when you know that you have it just right. It isn't for everybody, but if Orange County Choppers (pick your favorite reality show) was gentlemanly and proper...nobody would watch it.

You don't have to read about Teratos and Clandestine if you don't want to, but if you want to learn about reloading, Maryland gun laws, shooting technique, which indoor range to go to or stay away from..then this is the right spot.

Always some "newbie" moves from the city and drags the sidewalks with'em and then can't understand what happened to the way the "country" used to be. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that people with 5 posts come up with...how____ autta be.

The more things change...the more they stay the same...

Welcome
    I'm confused. We're you referring to my wife or me; in any case you need to learn to count. I joined in Nov. of 2012 almost 14 months ago. My wife joined in Feb of 2013 almost a year ago. Neither of us has been banned before, she did however have some trouble logging on earlier thus her comment about finally being able to get back on. Where do you get off assuming that either one of us are newbies from the city? I was born in St. Mary's County in 1955 and have lived here most my life. My wife moved here in 1976.

chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    I'm confused. We're you referring to my wife or me; in any case you need to learn to count. I joined in Nov. of 2012 almost 14 months ago. My wife joined in Feb of 2013 almost a year ago. Neither of us has been banned before, she did however have some trouble logging on earlier thus her comment about finally being able to get back on. Where do you get off assuming that either one of us are newbies from the city? I was born in St. Mary's County in 1955 and have lived here most my life. My wife moved here in 1976.

I believe he was making a general statement about people not just YOU he even said welcome at the end of his post. Relax calm down everything will be OK. Grow some tougher skin, if you have lurked and read any of the off topic posts in the WC you should be able to realize that ribbing is normal and not meant to hurt your feelings. When it comes to ribbing this is one of the calmer forums out there its all done in good fun I have seen guys get in pissing matches on here and a week later post about there great day at the range together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    Both the thread and Cpt Kate, got the old heave hoe. Pretty much instantly, it was impressive.

Addition by subtraction. One less libtard running around here.

This "Capt. Kate" was supposedly from Hollywood. Cyberbat is apparently from Leonardtown. They're not far apart. I don't think Cyberbat was Capt. Kate. First of all, CB has been here too long. Second, CB ain't enough of a bitch.:)

CFCE

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Mary's Co.
    I don't think he called anybody a liar. I think he said he suspected, but did not have any proof, so he could not say. In this thread I do not see anybody raking anybody over anything. Your wife asked a question, and several people responded to its premise and its purpose. At no point did Norton say that the OP had anything to do with previous postings, in fact he was specific not to. He just said that the argument was familiar to him, and possibly connected to other postings.

Norton said, and I quote "the entire premise of the OP is a false presumption" sounds like he was calling her a liar to me. Did you not read all the responses?There were many snide and sexist comments. Did you not see the photo of the Victoria Secrets models? While he may not have come right out and said that there was reference to previous postings, the inference was there.

CFCE

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Mary's Co.
    I believe he was making a general statement about people not just YOU he even said welcome at the end of his post. Relax calm down everything will be OK. Grow some tougher skin, if you have lurked and read any of the off topic posts in the WC you should be able to realize that ribbing is normal and not meant to hurt your feelings. When it comes to ribbing this is one of the calmer forums out there its all done in good fun I have seen guys get in pissing matches on here and a week later post about there great day at the range together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok. I do normally have a tough skin. But when an administrator is rude to my wife,as Norton was in his first reply. Then later says she is making a "false presumption" which to my way of thinking is calling her a liar, AND then there start to be comparisons to a lesbian who got banned, then I get more than a little hot under the collar.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Ok. I do normally have a tough skin. But when an administrator is rude to my wife,as Norton was in his first reply. Then later says she is making a "false presumption" which to my way of thinking is calling her a liar, AND then there start to be comparisons to a lesbian who got banned, then I get more than a little hot under the collar.

Norton wasn't rude. He was honest.

He didn't write that your wife was "making a false presumption". He also didn't call her a liar. He wrote that the "premise of the OP is a false presumption". My translation: She presumed incorrectly.

Defending your wife is laudable. However, you're wrong in this case and over the top as well (e.g., demand satisfaction). So my advice to you is ... lighten up, Francis. And stop throwing your gauntlet on the ground or you'll get yourself banned.

OP, welcome!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For anyone who has their panties, boxers, thongs or latex underwear in a bunch, add some fabric softener and get the grit out of your drawers.

No one was ever accused of anything, but when the empirical data presented warrants suspicion it's going to get the attention that it deserves. When posting patterns follow historical patterns that we recognize, they are going to be scrutinized.

Do people's feelings sometimes get hurt? Yup. But that's going to be the nature of the game here at times because we are constantly under attack both outright (think last year's DDOS attacks) and from within by a group of moles who we are constantly having to weed out.

This isn't a golf forum, it isn't a car forum and it isn't a gardening blog. It's the leading resource for trying to preserve what little 2A rights we have left in this state and it's a bitch to keep the lines of communication open because there are plenty that would like to see it destroyed.

Does it make me feel good to have to be the head ******* in charge everyday? Nope.

Will I do what is necessary to preserve this community? Yup.

Everyone get a helmet, pick your honor gauntlets off the ground and put your big boy pants on.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    For anyone who has their panties, boxers, thongs or latex underwear in a bunch, add some fabric softener and get the grit out of your drawers.

No one was ever accused of anything, but when the empirical data presented warrants suspicion it's going to get the attention that it deserves. When posting patterns follow historical patterns that we recognize, they are going to be scrutinized.

Do people's feelings sometimes get hurt? Yup. But that's going to be the nature of the game here at times because we are constantly under attack both outright (think last year's DDOS attacks) and from within by a group of moles who we are constantly having to weed out.

This isn't a golf forum, it isn't a car forum and it isn't a gardening blog. It's the leading resource for trying to preserve what little 2A rights we have left in this state and it's a bitch to keep the lines of communication open because there are plenty that would like to see it destroyed.

Does it make me feel good to have to be the head ******* in charge everyday? Nope.

Everyone get a helmet, pick your honor gauntlets off the ground and put your big boy pants on.

sanctimommy much?

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007

. . . aka "grow a pair!"

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hear, hear!!

(and we DO appreciate the behind-the-scenes, hair-pulling, frustration you go through--which explains your choice of hairstyles:D)

CyberBat

Feb 18, 2013
    Leonardtown

Sure would like to see the analytics on the DDOS. Currently in my final semester of a Masters in Information Assurance (aka Cybersecurity). The network that I help to protect is well covered with no permitted outside connections.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Anyone who has been around here for more than a couple of months will realize that we get a LOT of trolls here.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    some-animals-are-more-equal.jpg

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I'm amazed at amount of work the Mod’s have to do to keep this “Great source of info” running.
    They not only have to keep the Jerks in-line as well as watch their Six for those sneaky SOB that like to play mind games. :deadhorse:

I sir salute your effects and thank you for all you do.:patriot:

For those who don’t like music feel free to change the channel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom