• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    lol. QFT

Followed closely by a Ruger P89 DC. Both were such bad turd-slingers that I almost gave up handgun shooting. Fortunately I moved to a Glock 17L, and things got better in the accuracy department quickly. Trading the Ruger for the Glock was the best gun deal I ever made (Ruger +$100 cash=Glock). Thanks to the Powder Room in Powell, Ohio for setting me straight, way back in 1993.

Never met a Ruger I didn't like. You sure it wasn't the shooter? ;)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Sorry, but I love lists...

Worst gun you have ever bought.

Sig is my favorite make of gun, but the Sig Mosquito is the worst gun I ever bought.

It is unreliable, and inaccurate--which are the 2 worse traits that a gun could have.

Gotta go so far with my SIG Mosquito.....arggghhhhhh.........

haha you guys are funny:lol:. My worst has turned into one of my best. my walther sp22m3. the charging handle bracket broke free of the slide so i sent it back for repairs. i got it back and then the firing pin broke on the first mag through it where the roll pin punches through it. I sent it back again and since then it's been perfect and one of the most accurate guns i own. It's also one of jenni's favorite to shoot and is down at her place for a house-gun. .22's may not be the best shoice for hd, but she can put 10 rnds of .22 into a 4" target in about 3 seconds...she's familiar with it and that's better than hitting them with a broomstick.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Smith & Wesson Model 59 One of only two guns I bought that I could not wait to get rid of. The second was a .22 that came witw two barrels. I bought it becaue it looked neat. Never shot it because my hands are too big to hold it with out the extended mag. It only came with one. It could work for someone with small hands. I can't remember the make of it now.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Ruger Mark II. Had the bull barrel with compensator and shot like a dream. But it was such a bitch to reassemble. It drove me nuts. I had every book and watched all the You Tube Videos and I still couldn't do it in under an hour. I finally ended up selling it. To this day it remains the only firearm I've ever sold.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Rossi .243
    Complete POS. Doesn't shoot groups, shoots patterns. No matter what, can't get groups smaller than 8-10" @ 100yds. Tried all of the tricks, and various ammo, nothing works. Seems to be a common problem with this rifle in .243

Thing is, I have an older Rossi .38 spl, (Interarms days), that is one of my most accurate and fun to shoot pistols.

MH

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    The one I left the price tag on and the wife saw it(bushmaster 50). Ouch! learned my lesson- take the tag off before I leave the store.:party29:

rfdallas

Feb 18, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Kel-Tec P11 i used it for a carry gun when i lived in New York. its small and light but the trigger is long and heavy. i put a trigger shoe on it but its still not good. i was shooting it this last Sunday at the pistol range and the hammer spring broke. never had a gun break before. i ordered a new spring for $13.00. the gun is 12 years old and about 2500 rounds through it. i have other guns with 2 or 4 times more rounds through it and never a problem.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I spent a nice bundle of money on a Uberti black powder revolver converted to fire .44 Colt. The cylinder didn't line up with the barrel. When I sent it back for adjustment, the 'smith pretended I was complaining about a different problem and told me it was fine. I parted it out to recoup some of the money I had in it and, while I'll still refer people to him, I'll never pay him another dime.

benc4liberty

Freedom4theFreeState
    Jan 17, 2009
    Worst gun I ever bought, some POS MagTech(who doesn't "make" firearms anymore) 22 cal semiauto rifle...damn trigger broke after about 70 rounds through it...

Bought that piece of junk at walmart when I turned 18 - I didn't know any better then. Couldn't take it out often due to the fact that no one in the family knew I bought it :) so I thought I had to keep it hidden.

Still have the damn thing. Damn $100 paper weight.

On a side note, the second gun I bought is the best I've bought, sigsauer p226 in .40 cal.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Nagant Revolver. Never even shot it. Ammo is ridiculously hard to find in stores and expensive even online. Ugly as hell, horrible trigger.

Never looked back. H&K USP in .40 is a close second. The most anti-bang-for-the-buck pistol I ever owned.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Hi-point 9mm carbine, i almost gave that thing away

I suppose my 995 is the "worst" one I've bought. Has a tendency to misfeed when it heats up. Doesn't matter how much CLP is on it. I haven't given up on it, just haven't taken it out to shoot in about a year. Originally bought it before the election during the run on EBRs. It's gonna be a project now. If I don't like it after that, I'll sell it.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Nagant Revolver. Never even shot it. Ammo is ridiculously hard to find in stores and expensive even online. Ugly as hell, horrible trigger.

Never looked back. H&K USP in .40 is a close second. The most anti-bang-for-the-buck pistol I ever owned.

Yeah, I picked up a Nagant as well, I wasn't real pleased with it. It's a nice conversation piece though, with some neat features. I don't have any desire to shoot it, though.

MH

Diehart

Trouble Making Gun Geek
    Oct 6, 2007
    Lusby, Maryland
    SCCY CPX-1. Worst placement of safety ever!!! Metallurgy is questionable too. Accuracy is a feature that does not come with this pistol either.

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    Iver Johnston in 38 S&W I got at a yard sale for $15. I ended up turning it in at a gun buyback and making $135.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    SCCY CPX-1. Worst placement of safety ever!!! Metallurgy is questionable too. Accuracy is a feature that does not come with this pistol either.

I have one. Not quite the worst I have ever had, but not high on the list. Will do fine for defense in close quarters, but definitely not a range gun. I take it to the range only to hone my skills. The safety is a pain, as it digs into my thumb with the recoil.

As far as accuracy goes, that leans more on the shooter than the gun. I am not very accurate with the SCCY, but others that have shot mine are pretty good with it. I think it stems from the fact that it is uncomfortable to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom