• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    I'd say its a good deal. I've found it a bit cheaper elsewhere but they also charge shipping and it sums up to about the same price.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks for the assurance. I noticed that the price on this ammo varies greatly from one place to another.

Regardless I just placed my order and about a 1/2 hour later I received a tracking number. I like the fact that these guys are on the ball.

I was planing to purchase ammo in bulk at a later time but I am worried that ammo prices maybe on their way up because commodity prices and inflation.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Places to look for good ammo deals:
    slickguns.com
    ammoengine.com
    gun-deals.com

Thanks for the links. :)
    I could have saved a little more with the free shipping discount code at Cabela's on the 223 tactical which would have worked out to a little less.
    I am still surprised that Wallmart is able to sell this ammo for dirt cheap.

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    look at palmetto state armory they have good deals and come in many flavors that is a good price you got I payed 80.00 for 200rds at the show in fredrick

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Price is decent for XM193. Forewarned, this ammo (XM193) has been causing some major malfunctions in guns at the training classes I have been to recently. The malfunctions have been severe enough that the guns in question were out of the fight and needed to be disassembled to return them to working order. Good thing we had armorer class folks at the classes or these folks would have had to go to backup guns for the remainder of the classes.

I have not personally had any problems with my 193 yet but I always bring a second carbine to matches or classes. All problems were popped primers and one even shaved some brass that was caught in the magazine release.

I would like to recommend PMC X-TAC as a suitable replacemnent that runs about the same money. Stuff has preformed very well for me.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Price is decent for XM193. Forewarned, this ammo (XM193) has been causing some major malfunctions in guns at the training classes I have been to recently. The malfunctions have been severe enough that the guns in question were out of the fight and needed to be disassembled to return them to working order. Good thing we had armorer class folks at the classes or these folks would have had to go to backup guns for the remainder of the classes.

I have not personally had any problems with my 193 yet but I always bring a second carbine to matches or classes. All problems were popped primers and one even shaved some brass that was caught in the magazine release.

I would like to recommend PMC X-TAC as a suitable replacemnent that runs about the same money. Stuff has preformed very well for me.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked into the issue and it seems that it is attributed to to a bad batch of ammo possibly from a few years ago. The good thing is that Federal stands behind there product and if I experience any consistent failures out of my batch I will be contacting them.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    this isnt a bad deal on 55gr
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat104691780;cat109620180

and use 8woptics for free shipping, ordered another 500 this weekend

That's probably the best deal in town. It works out to be $274 shipped for 1000 rounds.

You can get it for the same price in Walmart and in my limited opinion I found this ammo to be more accurate then PMC and BVAC hunters match.
    I will try to score as much as I can at Walmart when they have it in stock.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    Free shipping code is not working at cabelas for me. Says "Promotion 8WOPTICS requires a merchandise total that is not currently met. (Note: Gift Cards are not included in the dollar threshold.)"

Is it working for anyone else. I'm trying to pick up the 45 ammo onsale. Maybe the coupon only works with the AE 223 ammo?

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Good deal or no?

Grab a calculator. From what I've seen internet bulk brass .223 should run 28-32 cents delivered. Store bought 32-100 cents for plinking ammo.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Free shipping code is not working at cabelas for me. Says "Promotion 8WOPTICS requires a merchandise total that is not currently met. (Note: Gift Cards are not included in the dollar threshold.)"

Is it working for anyone else. I'm trying to pick up the 45 ammo onsale. Maybe the coupon only works with the AE 223 ammo?

Usually there is a price threshold on most cabelas coupons such at $150.00 order before you can get free shipping.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin

I bought 500rds of the AE 223 and used it this weekend. They shipped it from scratton and it showed up yesterday

I found it on slickguns, but I am not seeing it listed now

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom