• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ked0607

Aug 25, 2012
    PG CO
    Looking for a nice Kimber. Most places dont have but the basic kimbers. Im looking for a custom shop piece. something super nice. Would prefer new in box but lightly used is an option as well. What do you guys have for me to look at?:innocent0

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I would suggest going to Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, Normaly they stock quite a few high end Kimbers, Smith preformance center 1911's, Springfields, and Les Bear's. When you go ask for Dale or Jole. 301-585-4448

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    The gun shop in essex had a really nice one may still be there give them a call. Was a beauty just out of my price range. Good luck.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Im kinda looking for a gold combat. Gunbroker has a few used but wanna keep it local if I can.

Why Kimber? In my opinion there are better makers out there. I think a Baer or Brown will be a better value.

I do give Kimber credit for using Turnbull for their bluing on certain guns.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Looking for a nice Kimber. Most places dont have but the basic kimbers. Im looking for a custom shop piece. something super nice. Would prefer new in box but lightly used is an option as well. What do you guys have for me to look at?:innocent0

Why do you specifically want a Kimber? Is this your first 1911? What about Kimber has led you to conclude a Custom 1911 from Kimber is superior to a comparibly priced Les Baer?

ked0607

Aug 25, 2012
    PG CO
    Why do you specifically want a Kimber? Is this your first 1911? What about Kimber has led you to conclude a Custom 1911 from Kimber is superior to a comparibly priced Les Baer?

Lets see yes first 1911 that im going to buy. I refuse to buy from people that are insanely priced. Ive fired a fair share of different kimber and classic old school colts. Hell if I had my way and the money i would fly out to Colorado and have the guys at Gunsmoke make me one out of unattainium. :lol2: A few friends own kimbers and for the difference between Les Baer and Kimber custom shop Ill save the few hundred and get what Ive wanted for a couple of years.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Lets see yes first 1911 that im going to buy. I refuse to buy from people that are insanely priced. Ive fired a fair share of different kimber and classic old school colts. Hell if I had my way and the money i would fly out to Colorado and have the guys at Gunsmoke make me one out of unattainium. :lol2: A few friends own kimbers and for the difference between Les Baer and Kimber custom shop Ill save the few hundred and get what Ive wanted for a couple of years.

Im not sure what you mean by insanely priced. If you mean some FFL's local prices, yes some are overpriced, but a Baer is not. If you were to buy the base components a Baer is built with and paid a Gunsmith to assemble them to the level of precision Baer dose it would be a $3000.00+ Build.

The few hundred more than a Kimber gets you a Baer with much better Accuracy, has an In-Spec Frame, High Grade Internals, and Higher Resale Value compared to any Kimber.

I have worked on thousands of 1911's (Yes Thousands) and a Custom Kimber dosent begin to touch the precision and reliability a Base Model Les Baer has.

Its your money but Im trying to steer you towards a better gun on every facet. I see problematic Kimbers all of the time and they are not what the Gun Advertisements and Kimber Fans make them out to be. You can get equal quality out of a $500.00 American Classic compared to a $1000.00+ Factory Kimber.

If you have ONE problem with a kimber shipping it back to Kimber will sost you an easy $100.00 on UPS or FedEx Next Day Air (which is required for handgun shipments for non licensees).

Ill bow out now I have given all the unbiased and experience based advice I can provide. Im not going to argue with the Kimber Fans.

ked0607

Aug 25, 2012
    PG CO
    Im not sure what you mean by insanely priced. If you mean some FFL's local prices, yes some are overpriced, but a Baer is not. If you were to buy the base components a Baer is built with and paid a Gunsmith to assemble them to the level of precision Baer dose it would be a $3000.00+ Build.

The few hundred more than a Kimber gets you a Baer with much better Accuracy, has an In-Spec Frame, High Grade Internals, and Higher Resale Value compared to any Kimber.

I have worked on thousands of 1911's (Yes Thousands) and a Custom Kimber dosent begin to touch the precision and reliability a Base Model Les Baer has.

Its your money but Im trying to steer you towards a better gun on every facet. I see problematic Kimbers all of the time and they are not what the Gun Advertisements and Kimber Fans make them out to be. You can get equal quality out of a $500.00 American Classic compared to a $1000.00+ Factory Kimber.

If you have ONE problem with a kimber shipping it back to Kimber will sost you an easy $100.00 on UPS or FedEx Next Day Air (which is required for handgun shipments for non licensees).

Ill bow out now I have given all the unbiased and experience based advice I can provide. Im not going to argue with the Kimber Fans.

Thanks now moving on any one have one of these for sale?

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    You will probably find the higher end models at a Kimber Master Dealer. Most shops that just stock 1 or 2 - are probably not authorized Kimber dealers - and probably just transfered the gun from another shop. Kimber is kinda odd about which shops can carry their line. I was once told in order to be a Kimber dealer - they must stock, at least $50k worth of Kimber products. Not sure if that is to qualify as a Master Dealer or as a standard Kimber dealer.

If you cannot find a local shop that carries what you are looking for, and decide to go for a transfer to an FFL .. take a look at www.kygunco.com

They are Kentucky Gun Co / Keenes Depot located in Bardstown KY. I bought mine from them - their price were far better then what I could find in my area, and online. They can give you an online quote. But before you go that route... here is a list of Kimber dealers in Maryland - per Kimbers website - I would advise you to NOT look at any at Gander Mountains - they are far overpiced!

Maryland
    Accurate Pawn & Tackle 6653 Washington Blvd, Elkridge, 21075 Phone: (410) 579-1576

Armory, The 24-A Defense St, Annapolis, 21401 Phone: (410) 224-4972

Atlantic Guns 944 Bonifant Street, Silver Springs, 20910 Phone: (301) 585-4448

Atlantic Guns 601 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, 20850 Phone: (301) 279-7983

Bel Air Gun & Pawn 2800 Bel Aire Road, Fallston, 21047 Phone: (410) 879-0936

Christian Soldier 9002-B Harford Road, Parkville, 21234 Phone: (410) 661-2666

Clyde's Sport Shop 2307 Hammonds Ferry Road, Baltimore, 21227 Phone: (410) 242-6108

Continental Arms 9603 Dee Reco Road, Timonium, 21093 Phone: (410) 560-3609

Dry Dock Bait & Tackle 730 4th Ave S, Carrington, 58421 Phone: (701) 652-2421

Fred's Sports 2895 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, 20601 Phone: (301) 843-3040

Gander Mountain 2410 North Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, 21801 Phone: (410) 334-2677

Gun Center, The 1713 Rosemont Ave, Frederick, 21702 Phone: (301) 694-6887

Gun Rack, The 15420 East Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, 20866 Phone: (301) 384-0607

Gun Shack 101 South Main Street, Mount Airy, 21771 Phone: (301) 829-0122

Hendershot's 19828 National Pike, Hagerstown, 21740 Phone: (301) 678-6869

Molly's Place LLC 12503 B Augustine Herman Hwy, Kennedyville, 21645 Phone: (410) 348-9160

On Target 2618 Annapolis Road, Severn, 21144 Phone: (410) 551-7777

Tackle Box, The 22035 Three Notch Road, Lexington Park, 20653 Phone: (301) 863-8151

White Marsh Arms 11718 Reisterstown Road Unit D, Reisterstown, 21136 Phone: (410) 526-6449

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    If your ever in the area and want to go to Freestate (that's where i have a membership) or OnTarget feel free to PM me and i'll let you shoot my Les Baer Custom Carry. I was in the same boat and ended up with the sweetest 1911 i've ever shot! Let me know and good luck either way.

pdjoe

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2012
    Our rep said we are supposed to have 2 in the next 3 weeks...Kimber is being really slow with their production and only allocating a couple units to each dealer. I think we are supposed to get pro crimson carry II's but dont hold me to the exact model because honestly he didn't sound too sure about that...but he DID promise 2 within 30 days and that was just over a week ago.

pdjoe

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2012
    You will probably find the higher end models at a Kimber Master Dealer. Most shops that just stock 1 or 2 - are probably not authorized Kimber dealers - and probably just transfered the gun from another shop. Kimber is kinda odd about which shops can carry their line. I was once told in order to be a Kimber dealer - they must stock, at least $50k worth of Kimber products. Not sure if that is to qualify as a Master Dealer or as a standard Kimber dealer.

If you cannot find a local shop that carries what you are looking for, and decide to go for a transfer to an FFL .. take a look at www.kygunco.com

They are Kentucky Gun Co / Keenes Depot located in Bardstown KY. I bought mine from them - their price were far better then what I could find in my area, and online. They can give you an online quote. But before you go that route... here is a list of Kimber dealers in Maryland - per Kimbers website - I would advise you to NOT look at any at Gander Mountains - they are far overpiced!

Maryland
    Accurate Pawn & Tackle 6653 Washington Blvd, Elkridge, 21075 Phone: (410) 579-1576

Bel Air Gun & Pawn 2800 Bel Air Road, Fallston, 21047 Phone: (410) 879-0936

This one

ked0607

Aug 25, 2012
    PG CO
    You know I was asking the IP's if they had them. Never asked for anyones opinion biased or not. If you arent an IP that is a Kimber dealer then why are you even trolling in this. To all that given me help trying to find the pistol Ive been eyeing for some time I thank you. Ive looked at Wesson and Baer. Ive looked at Fusion too. Ive shot a few colts, springfields, taurus, and a para. I personally like the kimber the most. So everyone telling me to buy something else your opinions are muted for they were not warranted nor asked for. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom