• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    A forum member recommended that I also post this in the C&R section.

I have no idea what SKSes are going for these days. I am looking for an sks- doesn't need to be a looker, but needs to function and have an okay bore. I am okay with a busted stock as I have a spare one here.

Looking to pay in the low $300 dollar range. PM me with what you have.

Also looking to meet along the 270 corridor or 95 corridor south of Columbia

Thanks,
    Richard

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    There are several online dealers selling Type 56's ranging from $199 for a cracked stock rifle to $299. Shipping and transfer fees will put you well over $300 if you don't have a C&R license. You're doing the right thing looking in the private market. But, if nothing comes up you can always buy one online. The type 56's are very nice and are almost guaranteed to have good bores since they are chrome lined. There's very little difference between a Russian SKS and an early type 56.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Most any 300 SKS is going to be a beater unless you luck out. I've been selling some of my nice Chinese for around 500. But keep n mind mine are not just our everyday models. I have a TRUE sino soviet in a jungle stock and a special marked Chinese model that has a rarity of a screwed and pinned barrel. I am selling some stuff off and thinking those two can go as I'm putting money toward a different aspect of my collection.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd get a broken stock Chinese from Royal Tiger for $215 shipped and just figure on paying another $25 or so for a transfer. I'm thrilled with my Royal Tiger SKS but your mileage may vary in the surplus lottery.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

I have one like this 495.00 sino. I'd sell for 475.00 FTF meet ya in the same place as before.

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    Thanks for the offer, I might check out what is at Chantilly and PM you later. Its a good deal, just a little nice for what I am looking for.
    Update:
    I ended up picking up one from classicarms.

Last edited:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thanks for the offer, I might check out what is at Chantilly and PM you later. Its a good deal, just a little nice for what I am looking for.
    Update:
    I ended up picking up one from classicarms.

Not a problem bud. I wouldn't have been able to do this weekend anyway. Had to rush my 12 yr old son to the ER last night. Had his appendix out this morning at 8am. I'll be here till tomorrow.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Not a problem bud. I wouldn't have been able to do this weekend anyway. Had to rush my 12 yr old son to the ER last night. Had his appendix out this morning at 8am. I'll be here till tomorrow.

Tell him he has a lot of friends he's never met who are thinking about him, wishing him a speedy recovery, and hoping he's feeling well VERY soon!

And DON'T tell him how, when you were a kid, you took your own appendix out with your pocket knife, then went back to barning tobacco an hour later -- glad for the break.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Lol, thanks guys. We are sitting here watching Tv. He has to get up every hour or so and walk the hall so his stomach muscles don't tighten up. So far so good. He had been having trouble going to the bathroom for more than a week. Acted like constipated, but last night was on floor in agony after dinner. Called Kaiser Perm , they up us on hold. I looked at him told the wife to tell them to go F*** themselves when they came back on and I took Him to the ER at BWMC. After a bunch of tests they determined that it was his appendix. He is sore but in good spirits. I think we will be here till at least 10 am tomorrow. The I can go home for some real rest.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Oh and if you guys have Facebook and liked the page Tactical SHT, his pic was on that page a few days ago. Young boy shooting AR with cheesy scope on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom