• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Got one. Great guy to deal with. I called them to specify which caliber because I forgot to mention it on the order. He said they are coming out with an extended slide release next month.

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Got my trigger kit in today. The kit brought the pull weight down to 4 lbs 1 oz from 5 lbs 11oz and reduced the take up some as well.

Only took about 5 minutes to install.:thumbsup:

pigfrmr

Known Associate
    Got my trigger kit in today. The kit brought the pull weight down to 4 lbs 1 oz from 5 lbs 11oz and reduced the take up some as well.

Only took about 5 minutes to install.:thumbsup:
    Damn, (after several brain farts) took me over half an hour!

overall, how pleased are you with it? Think I am going to attempt to put it in tonight after dinner.
    :thumbsup:Big difference! Has helped get me out of the infamous low & left quadrant.

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    overall, how pleased are you with it? Think I am going to attempt to put it in tonight after dinner.

I think it was worth the $. Definately better trigger pull. I'm going to try and pick up a Powder River safety lever Kit to go with it. That should reduce the rest of the slop in the trigger.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    I think it was worth the $. Definately better trigger pull. I'm going to try and pick up a Powder River safety lever Kit to go with it. That should reduce the rest of the slop in the trigger.

Any word of a aftermarket trigger bar that will work with the new Sear?

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    I think I'll stick with the factory trigger bar and put in the safety lever and set screw. That should take care of the rest of the pretravel and the set screw should clear up the over travel. I think you can handle it either way. I think the trigger bar has adjustments to fix these 2 issues also. Depends on how you want to do it.

Here's the aftermarket trigger bar

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    Custom sears are causing light primer strikes

I was reading XDtalk and it seems that the sear kits are causing light primer strikes. There is an easy solution which is to file a little bit from the engagement area on the sear. I compounded my problem by adding the new safety lever with it. I fitted everything in last night and everything seemed fine. I went up to the range today and had a couple light hits in the first 6 rounds. I took out the safety lever and removed some material (you can take it off the sear or safety lever). After that small adjustment I fired off 94 more rounds without any problems. Read the article on very-light-primer-strikes.

Seems like a lot of people are having the issue mostly on the .45's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom