• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I'm starting to look at cans for a 300 Blk 10.5 build and I came across this. The price is sweet, full auto rated( which isn't a necessity), and boasts better suppression on 300 Blk than their full sized Phantom if I read right.

Any impressions or experience with these, good, bad, or indifferent? I appreciate all input, thanks.

http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/yhm-7-62-phantom-lta.html

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Don't forget to add $270 to the price from Silencer Shop Direct (Tax stamp and transfer). I like the fact that they offer a few different QD mounts as well as multiple thread patterns.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Great cans with equal sound suppression when comparing rifle caliber tier 1 brands.

Mounts are very affordable and available, but not very attractive. YHM now makes a shield to moot that looks argument.

Some of the best CS in the industry too.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Great cans with equal sound suppression when comparing rifle caliber tier 1 brands.

Mounts are very affordable and available, but not very attractive. YHM now makes a shield to moot that looks argument.

Some of the best CS in the industry too.

My buddy has a YHM can and I like it a lot. The price is certainly a big plus too. My only thing with them is the mounts are horrible to look at, but at this point I'd never shoot without it on anyways so it would never be seen. Though the mount is an eyesore it is very nice and solid. A lot more user friendly than my saker mounts. I'm on the fence with my next suppressor purchase, leaning heavily towards this same can.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    My buddy has a YHM can and I like it a lot. The price is certainly a big plus too. My only thing with them is the mounts are horrible to look at, but at this point I'd never shoot without it on anyways so it would never be seen. Though the mount is an eyesore it is very nice and solid. A lot more user friendly than my saker mounts. I'm on the fence with my next suppressor purchase, leaning heavily towards this same can.

Group buy! LOL! I agree about the mounts and as far as that goes, once the can is zeroed, it don't come off except for when it's time for a good cleaning. Then, it's back on and re-zeroed.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This negates the "looks" issue.

yhm-3135_2.jpg

http://yhm.net/30-cal-blast-deflector.html

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My AAC 762-SDN-6 doesn't need any "lipstick". She's pretty (and quiet) right out of the box. :)

SSS makes a shield for AAC as well. It does have benefits beyond concealing an ugly muzzle device.

I doubt a thread like this will change any diehard fans but here is my opinion.

I own AAC Suppressors but the rifle variants are not as versatile IMO in regards to mounting options when compared to YHM Mounts (AK, FAL, G3).

The mounting system for YHM is superior IMO, because it ratchets on tighter than AAC and if the ratchet wears out on the YHM you replace the mount. The AAC gets sent back for service as the ratchet is part of the Can.

IMO AAC makes better pistol cans by a wide margin, but with rifle cans, theres not much of a difference.

AAC appears to be going down the Remington crapper. I hope it does not, but at this point I'm buying extra Pistons, Springs, O Rings, for my AAC Pistol Cans at a minimum.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    SSS makes a shield for AAC as well. It does have benefits beyond concealing an ugly muzzle device.

I doubt a thread like this will change any diehard fans but here is my opinion.

I own AAC Suppressors but the rifle variants are not as versatile IMO in regards to mounting options when compared to YHM Mounts (AK, FAL, G3).

The mounting system for YHM is superior IMO, because it ratchets on tighter than AAC and if the ratchet wears out on the YHM you replace the mount. The AAC gets sent back for service as the ratchet is part of the Can.

IMO AAC makes better pistol cans by a wide margin, but with rifle cans, theres not much of a difference.

AAC appears to be going down the Remington crapper. I hope it does not, but at this point I'm buying extra Pistons, Springs, O Rings, for my AAC Pistol Cans at a minimum.

Good points. And agreed, not a lot of difference in the performance of their respective QD rifle cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom