• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Careful what you wish for. Without Vallario as chair of the judiciary committee, Delegate Rosenberg would be the likely successor.

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    Careful what you wish for. Without Vallario as chair of the judiciary committee, Delegate Rosenberg would be the likely successor.

True, but given his Frosh like blockage of anything and everything that might harm his clients (drunk drivers, gang-bangers, sex offeders) a change might just make the state a bit safer.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    True, but given his Frosh like blockage of anything and everything that might harm his clients (drunk drivers, gang-bangers, sex offeders) a change might just make the state a bit safer.

He's also blocked a lot of bad stuff that was headed our way.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'd hate to see Rosenburg get the job...

Valario's ability to offend the whiners caucus is a plus as well.

He seems like an old school politico. Not an ally, not an enemy, but someone who would work with us once the political seas improve for us.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'd hate to see Rosenburg get the job...

Valario's ability to offend the whiners caucus is a plus as well.

He seems like an old school politico. Not an ally, not an enemy, but someone who would work with us once the political seas improve for us.

Bingo. He's not too ideological on things, in general. I'd never presume to believe that he's "with us" but I do agree that he's not against us either.

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    He's also blocked a lot of bad stuff that was headed our way.

Agreed, as it was in his interest as well. I just feel a need to look at the larger picture and I think he makes the state a less safe place given his advocacy of lenient sentences for criminals, protection of drunk drivers, and similar activity. Just because he is the enemy of my enemy does not make him my friend.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Vallario allowed the shall issue bill last year to get a vote in committee, he also has desk drawer vetoed many anti RKBA bills that Frosh and his following want. If I lived in his district I would vote for him.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Hopefully, a decent candidate will run against Rosenberg, too.

Unless the guy turns out to be a criminal, he will never get dislodged from his perch. I live in his district. You think anyone in the Roland Park/Balto area is going to vote out a liberal Democrat? :sad20:

Vallario > Rosenberg every time. I'll take the guy who preserves the status quo. As was pointed about by Paul, he gave the shall-issue bill a vote and didn't seem all that enthused by Rosenberg's Scarlet Letter bill.

Seriously, can we get some perspective in here? Vallario is exponentially better than Rosenberg. Sort of like a Schaefer. Old time Maryland Democrat rather than the Politically Correct Progressive New Wave. Ever read Rosenberg's blog? He brags about getting Roe v. Wade inscribed into Maryland law. Maybe that works for you, but the guy scares the crap out of me. He's probably to the left of Bernie Sanders.

Rosenberg feels the same way.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Personally, I'd rather have Vallario than an unknown. The few times I've attended a hearing, he'll listen, provided those giving testimony keep things short and to the point. He doesn't stand for grandstanding and he's not ideologically driven. You get a relatively fair deal with him, which is more than you'll get from Rosenberg.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If we are the Nazi party then I say...

"Don't be stupid, be a smartie come and join the Nazi party."

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So how can supporting Percel O. Alston have anything to do with Sandy Rosenberg replacing Vallario?

Rosen berg is Vice-Chair of the committee. Vallario leaves, he's the likely replacement. You go from a relatively, for MD, neutral party leading the committee to a rabid anti-gun ideologue. Think about that for a second.

Both committees run by the two people who sponsored the licensing bills.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    Rosen berg is Vice-Chair of the committee. Vallario leaves, he's the likely replacement. You go from a relatively, for MD, neutral party leading the committee to a rabid anti-gun ideologue. Think about that for a second.

Both committees run by the two people who sponsored the licensing bills.

That sucks.:mad54: I really wanna support this guy. Anyone running for Rosenberg's seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom