• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just saying switching to an HBAR on a pre 10/1 build is legal as is switching back. The barrel may have been test fired to check headspace also.
    As for the rest, thats just shitty quality.

If you are test firing it, you don't make markings on the barrel nut and extension that appear as if it was mounted to an upper. This thing has some serious scraping done of the phosphating on the barrel extension, and the barrel nut looked like somebody that didn't know what they were doing mounted it on an upper. It is almost as if somebody mounted it, decided they didn't like it, sent it back, and they shipped it out, claiming it was new.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you are test firing it, you don't make markings on the barrel nut and extension that appear as if it was mounted to an upper. This thing has some serious scraping done of the phosphating on the barrel extension, and the barrel nut looked like somebody that didn't know what they were doing mounted it on an upper. It is almost as if somebody mounted it, decided they didn't like it, sent it back, and they shipped it out, claiming it was new.

Like they mounted it using channel locks, maybe?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Like they mounted it using channel locks, maybe?

Not unless channel locks leave markings like the barrel being forced into an upper that was too tight and then being forcibly removed. That barrel extension was torn up. The barrel nut looked like it was beaten with a screwdriver, to get it to break loose from the upper. I'm telling you, Chad wouldn't even want to think about mounting this barrel to something, with the damage on the extension and the barrel nut.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's shocking that a company would release a product in that condition. Thanks for the heads up. I won't be purchasing anything from them.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's shocking that a company would release a product in that condition. Thanks for the heads up. I won't be purchasing anything from them.

Shocking is not the word I would use. I don't feel like getting a vacation for the language I want to use, so I'll say this: I was absolutely floored when I inspected the barrel, barrel nut, taper pins, etc... If anybody thinks I will accept a replacement from them that is not 100% mil-spec, they are insane. I should have gone to Anderson and waited the 15-21 day lead time. At least with the Anderson, I would know that the barrel would be up to par.

Because of this incident, I will be doing free float builds with low profile gas blocks, for all future builds. My want of a true M4-gery is now over. I guess my want to build an M16A2 clone is over too. This is why I am truly pissed off about the whole thing. I had plans to do retro-ish builds on 2 lowers. Bloody hell...

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Shocking is not the word I would use. I don't feel like getting a vacation for the language I want to use, so I'll say this: I was absolutely floored when I inspected the barrel, barrel nut, taper pins, etc... If anybody thinks I will accept a replacement from them that is not 100% mil-spec, they are insane. I should have gone to Anderson and waited the 15-21 day lead time. At least with the Anderson, I would know that the barrel would be up to par.

Because of this incident, I will be doing free float builds with low profile gas blocks, for all future builds. My want of a true M4-gery is now over. I guess my want to build an M16A2 clone is over too. This is why I am truly pissed off about the whole thing. I had plans to do retro-ish builds on 2 lowers. Bloody hell...

If you are interested, I may have a barrel at home that is what you are looking for. It will need the front sight pin though. I bought it for a build and wound up going in another direction.

If you like, I will PM you later with the specs.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Here we go with another update.

I called my credit card company and filed a dispute about the whole issue. They are going to do an investigation about the whole incident.

Given the lack of communication from this company, I don't have anything positive to say about this vendor so far.

We shall see what my card issuer says about this whole thing, after their investigation.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Here we go with another update.

I called my credit card company and filed a dispute about the whole issue. They are going to do an investigation about the whole incident.

Given the lack of communication from this company, I don't have anything positive to say about this vendor so far.

We shall see what my card issuer says about this whole thing, after their investigation.

How long will that take?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom