• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    And finally a blued Marlin is released.... 1895 Guide Gun (formerly the GBL model, which likewise had a laminate stock). No walnut stock yet or anything outside of 45-70.

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/model_1895guide/
    MSRP of 1149.00,,, They may see 999.00 in some shops.

I saw a Marlin 45-70 Trapper stainless in a new shop close to home (last week),,, $1249.00
    If it was a month earlier,,, I may have bitten. I am already all sighted and practiced with my H&R USH for this year.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I can help but think,, when production ceased and they became "collector items" on GB.
    Ruger saw the prices they were fetching,, and set the MSRP accordingly

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I’m hoping, waiting for a 1985 Cowboy. Always thought that was the coolest of the cowboy guns offered. I was tempted by a couple remlins but there were obvious defects before even cycling the action…

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can help but think,, when production ceased and they became "collector items" on GB.
    Ruger saw the prices they were fetching,, and set the MSRP accordingly
    Maybe. But figure inflation/higher production costs. Even if they made it the exact same way, Ruger is dealing with probably 10-20% higher production costs in just 2/3 years because of increased labor costs, energy, transportation, materials costs.

And to add, from everything I've read, Ruger is not really using the original Remlin equipment. Plus they appear to be manufacturing them to a higher QA standard. That all costs. IMHO, I'd rather an EXCELLENT quality rifle that is $1000+ than a meh one for $700.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    On a side note,
    My LGS (last week) had a new Ruger-Marlin S.S. 45-70 Trapper for $1249

I saw 3 at Chantilly for 1899 - 2299

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    On a side note,
    My LGS (last week) had a new Ruger-Marlin S.S. 45-70 Trapper for $1249

I saw 3 at Chantilly for 1899 - 2299
    I have one and its is excellent. Smooth action, fit and finish are great. I got it for less at an IP.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    No love for the baby of the Marlin levers?
    Not a big bore by anyone's standard, but still one of my favorites to take to the range. I'd really love to see them restart the Marlin 39A, 22 lever action. A new production with an octagon barrel, minus the X-bar safety, would be sweeet.
    Any word about this model?

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Love my levers!

6c3c99abd75d92e6f082385bbfb1cc4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Any updates when the 1895s are going to hit the shelves?
    I've seen exactly one in a LGS at this point (while I was picking up another gun from 7-day purgatory). It was the trapper model. Going all in if I see the new Guide Gun (former GBL model) on the racks. Still curious that after a year, production hasn't seemed to ramp up appreciably. Also wonder if the 336 gets introduced before the 1894s.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I've seen exactly one in a LGS at this point (while I was picking up another gun from 7-day purgatory). It was the trapper model. Going all in if I see the new Guide Gun (former GBL model) on the racks. Still curious that after a year, production hasn't seemed to ramp up appreciably. Also wonder if the 336 gets introduced before the 1894s.
    I like the trapper. I will let you know if I see a guide gun.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I like the trapper. I will let you know if I see a guide gun.
    :thumbsup: Seems like they last a day or so once they hit the shelves. The Trapper I saw was at Hafer's a couple of months ago. Asked them in about two weeks ago about it. Said that they are essentially only getting one at a time from Marlin and not necessarily regularly.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    :thumbsup: Seems like they last a day or so once they hit the shelves. The Trapper I saw was at Hafer's a couple of months ago. Asked them in about two weeks ago about it. Said that they are essentially only getting one at a time from Marlin and not necessarily regularly.
    they are all over GB for crazy prices, or at least they seem crazy to me.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Bud's has SBLs in stock right now for $2K. No thanks, that's some batsh!t crazy.
    My LGS has had The Stainless Trapper 45-70 for the last month or 2,, seems like they get 1 at a time. They are selling for 1250.00

That is really piss poor of Buds,, Buds is one shop I will never do business with.
    They all get the Guns for the same price,, some like my LGS sell them for just below MSRP,, some douches like Buds take advantage of the shortage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom