• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    XPS2-0
    EXPS2-0

I think the "E" prefix means QD Mount, side buttons, and a 7 mm riser for 1/3 co-witness with fixed sights. The latter sounds good to me.

Colt 6940; want to shoot 100-200 yds. with max flexibility.

Why wouldn't one want 1/3 co-witness? Thoughts?

Another one?

Thanks.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Yes, "E" is the QD riser with side buttons. I've got the XPS2-0, so absolute co-witness with rear buttons. The EOTech window is large enough that I can look through the upper third of the window (above a deployed rear sight) with plenty of unobstructed view. It boils down to personal preference. If you even think you might use a rear magnifier, then EXPS2 wins hands down. Only downside to EXPS2 is an extra 3-4oz of weight.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Yes, "E" is the QD riser with side buttons. I've got the XPS2-0, so absolute co-witness with rear buttons. The EOTech window is large enough that I can look through the upper third of the window (above a deployed rear sight) with plenty of unobstructed view. It boils down to personal preference. If you even think you might use a rear magnifier, then EXPS2 wins hands down. Only downside to EXPS2 is an extra 3-4oz of weight.

I need to get out of the theoretical laboratory and onto the range for some hands on. Thanks.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    That's on my list, too. Why that first?

Thanks.

Battery life and weight would be my first two reasons, personally. I also found the buttons on the EXPS-2 a little blah. I liked the knobs on the Aimpoint much better. That said...the reticle on the EXPS-2 is hard to beat. Much better than a simple 2-4 MOA dot - the 65MOA circle on the EOTech helps target acquisition immensely, for me.

The choice between will boil down to personal preference. Either is a good choice.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    That's on my list, too. Why that first?

Thanks.

I have an Eotech 553 , 2 Aimpoint comp2s , Aimpoint comp4 , Trijicon Reflex .

Battery life in the Eotech sucks compared to the Aimpoints and no batteries in a Trijicon . The Trijicon reflex reticle is hard to see if looking through it from indoors out it also has darker glass which does not help .

Reticles in the Eotechs are grainy and look washed out to me .

Now over all of those I like the Leupold VXR Patrol with the Fire Dot reticle the most but there is no cowitnessing irons with it .

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Folks also tend to overlook how lightweight the XPS2 is at 8oz with battery installed. That's only about 2.3oz more than a T-1 with mount.

Reticles in the Eotechs are grainy and look washed out to me

Very much so if you focus on the reticle. When I focus on the target, the circle cleans up and blends into the background while the center dot becomes a miniscule pinpoint. When I look through an Aimpoint at a target, I see a larger oblong blob compared to EOTech and I don't have astigmatism.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Battery life in the Eotech sucks compared to the Aimpoints and no batteries in a Trijicon . The Trijicon reflex reticle is hard to see if looking through it from indoors out it also has darker glass which does not help .

Now over all of those I like the Leupold VXR Patrol with the Fire Dot reticle the most but there is no cowitnessing irons with it .

Darn it, now you've brought in the other one in my top 3, the VXR Patrol, which I deferred due to price until I get more experience. EOTech sale prices and rebates are at a premium right now, so that's what I focused on. Great deals abound.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    EOTech sale prices and rebates are at a premium right now, so that's what I focused on. Great deals abound.

Be careful about the rebate. It only applies if you buy through an EOTech authorized dealer. The dealer list is on EOTech's website.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

EOTech uses 2 different battery setups, as I recall; one lithium, the other AA or AAA? Is this significant?

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    (E)XPS2 uses CR123 lithium. Very common nowadays. More common by the day. Lithium is the way to go for max battery life and lightest weight with EOTech.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I promise I am not a bad influence :innocent0

Dad's Christmas present from me last year .

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I promise I am not a bad influence :innocent0

Dad's Christmas present from me last year .

Than ks a l ot, buddy.

N ow that I've sh@ort^ed out my netbooook with dr@@ool, I have to spend my Ch ristmas opticcs bud8get on a new netbo oook.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Once you look through that Leupold side-by-side with EOTech or Aimpoint, you'll be sold on the Leupold. There's no comparison if you can live with the extra weight and are willing to trade away some ruggedness for the scope's beautiful glass and reticle. The scope is not ideal for CQB, even at 1.25x, if that matters to you.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    If you have astigmatism or bad eye sight the eotech reticle will look grainy to you. That being said I use an Eotech on most of my rifles. Nothing against Aimpoints which are excellent optics, I just prefer the 1 moa dot in a 65 moa ring. You can always add a flip to side magnifier also.

Unless you are planning on using the eotech on multiple firearms, I would just stick with the non QD model. I rarely see people swap optics frequently enough to warrant a QD model. It costs money to re-zero every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom