• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a question; so I have the CMMG 45 APC version of the bolt and8" barrel on hand (eventually will be an SBR but starting as a braced pistol). I have a New Frontier Armory lower on the way.

Now here's my question; l am I better off with a New Frontier Upper receiver or a CMMG upper receiver? Does it matter?

Thanks for your help. :D

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a question; so I have the CMMG 45 APC version of the bolt and8" barrel on hand (eventually will be an SBR but starting as a braced pistol). I have a New Frontier Armory lower on the way.

Now here's my question; l am I better off with a New Frontier Upper receiver or a CMMG upper receiver? Does it matter?

Thanks for your help. :D

I have a RDB barrel and bolt in 9mm, you can use any upper AFAIK although I believe they recommend ones that have a larger ejection port. I have a .458 stripped upper on mine.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a RDB barrel and bolt in 9mm, you can use any upper AFAIK although I believe they recommend ones that have a larger ejection port. I have a .458 stripped upper on mine.

I have mine in a Spikes upper. Runs fine (9mm)

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    If the ejection port size is an issue (never had occasion to work on one in 45) then mill it out. I have noticed that the 9mms are less consistent in their ejection pattern (and the pattern changes a lot more with different loads) than conventional (fixed ejector) colt pattern SMGs.

Normally it's roller delayed guns that need port flaring but I did mill out a 9mm rdb for a guy a while.back. frankly, a dremel or air powered die grinder would work just fine too.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OBTW - have you guys priced these lately?? A complete 45 APC Banshee (with Cerakote and all), if you can find one, and if they will pull the mag to ship to Maryland, is $1799 + sales tax +shipping + FFL fee.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I used an Aero Precision XL upper (ejection port enlarged for .458 SOCOM) on my 9mm upper because the 9mm RDBs are known for inconsistent ejection, but I am pretty sure you are fine with a standard upper if you want.

seawalker

Apr 11, 2021
    City GTTF
    OBTW - have you guys priced these lately?? A complete 45 APC Banshee (with Cerakote and all), if you can find one, and if they will pull the mag to ship to Maryland, is $1799 + sales tax +shipping + FFL fee.

Back in the Spring I got lucky and found one of these for 1600! Of course at check out they wouldn’t ship it without mags. Prob for the best, I’d rather have the 10mm, which wasn’t on the roster

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom