• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    For compact (no pinky dangle) the Kahr CW9. Very light. Very small. Very reliable.

For subcompact the brand new Kahr CM9 - like their PM9 series but with less fancy cosmetic stuff and a lot less expensive too. Great for a wife's purse or a BUG. 3" barrel. As soon as that is put on the MD handgun roster I'm getting one.

+1. Don't overlook what KAHR has to offer.

Mr H

Banana'd
    A shop in Towson rents the MK9 on their range, and I want to give it a go. Something about the all-metal gun also drew my attention.

I figured out what it was for me: even though all-stainless, it is still ultra-compact. As a result, it weighs closer the gun that I normally shoot. Hand/eye, training and muscle memory all kick in to say "this is what you already know".

Same reason I use the same kind of sights on every pistol. It's training.

Another gun I want to try: Sig P380 HD. It is the heaviest of the P380 line (all steel) and just felt right.

I'm probably picking mine up Saturday.

Also, my sons will likely be in town and I'm sure they're going to want to shoot Sunday (on Pop's dime, of course!! LOL).

The younger goes north, and the older goes south, so we'll probably end up at On Target. If you'd like to join us (assuming I DO pick up the Kahr Saturday), you are more than welcomed. OK... even if I don't!!!

I also have the P238 2-tone if you wanted to go that route.

Just keep in mind, there is a 2-gun-per-person limit there, if you're bringing your own little friends.

If I know my oldest, he'll likely have his compensated Para P-14 (he can only count to .45 on one hand). I'll cobble together some other options as well.

Even if they don't go, I'd still be more than willing to meet up.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I asked On Target if suppressors were OK, and they said yes as long as you possess the proper paperwork. It kind of defeats the purpose of shooting a suppressor when everyone else is shooting unsuppressed in a confined space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom