• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    Came home today and found BOTH my state collector's license and C&R license in the mailbox. Amazing timing, IMO. I sent my state collector's license sometime in late July. My C&R license was sent on Aug. 14th with ATF charging my card on Aug. 17th. Today is Sep. 4th...so that's a 3 week turn-around time for the C&R license and less than 2 months for the collector's license.

I wish I had kept track of when I sent the collector's license out because I noticed a lot of people on here have been gauging the time lately. Unfortunately, I told myself to forget about it because I thought it would take longer than 3 months. Guess the MD state police proved me wrong...

This is definitely good news for anyone thinking it will take many long months for either license.

Time to look for some Mosins. :D

P.S. If anyone needs a C&R form, I was sent extras for some reason. Just PM me and I'll try to send it your way when I can.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wouldn't you know it, but my C&R came today, too! Record breaker, actually: they got the app on August 13, and I got my C&R on September 4. If they hadn't lost my first app, I'd actually be happy. :)

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    CONGRATS!!!

Its customary to buy everyone on the forum a gun of their choice if you get both hte C&R and Collector Status the same day.:innocent0

If I was filthy, stinkin' rich AND the law permitted it, I'd have no problem doing that...seriously.

Wouldn't you know it, but my C&R came today, too! Record breaker, actually: they got the app on August 13, and I got my C&R on September 4. If they hadn't lost my first app, I'd actually be happy. :)

This should be a great sign for anyone that's thinking about getting a C&R in the future. When I applied, I thought it would take 3-4 months...instead, we get ours in 3 weeks! At this rate, people will be getting theirs in a matter of days.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I got my C&R FFL today too!

Mailed the application August 10. Check cleared the bank August 12.

License came today, September 4. 25 days. Looks like they're doing them in batches.

Maybe my Collector's letter will come soon: I mailed that a few days after the C&R.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Congrats folks! 'Bout time those C&R's & Collector Letters started showing up.
    So, whatcha gonna buy first?
    :D

P.S. DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINALS OF YOUR C&R LICENSES. MAKE LOTS OF COPIES!!!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Congrats folks! 'Bout time those C&R's & Collector Letters started showing up.

P.S. DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINALS OF YOUR C&R LICENSES. MAKE LOTS OF COPIES!!!

Supposed to sign COPY ONLY in BLUE ink, as I understand it (so signature contrasts).

Just xeroxed 10 copies, to get started. What to buy first?

Yeah, like I can afford to buy anything!

CZ 82 looks neat, if anyone sells them C&R. Looks like J&G doesn't sell them that way anymore. I could go for a Makarov though. Then a Tokarev. Followed, perhaps, by a (non-C&R) Glock.

"Makarov, Tokarev, Glock,

A Mauser with walnut stock

A nice Finnish Mosin

I've already chosen:

My wedding ring I'll have to hock."

---------------------------------

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Supposed to sign COPY ONLY in BLUE ink, as I understand it (so signature contrasts).

Just xeroxed 10 copies, to get started. What to buy first?

Yeah, like I can afford to buy anything!

CZ 82 looks neat, if anyone sells them C&R. Looks like J&G doesn't sell them that way anymore. I could go for a Makarov though. Then a Tokarev. Followed, perhaps, by a (non-C&R) Glock.

A nice Finnish Mosin

I've already chosen:

---------------------------------

Only 10 copies? You best be getting back to the copy machine. You'll need a LOT more than that!

Seriously tho, beyond purchasing C&R firearms, many suppliers will give you discounts on items once your account with them has your C&R on file. There are too many to list here. Search the C&R threads on our forum. Some suppliers will want a signed hard copy mailed to them (in red or blue ink). Other's will accept faxed or scanned signed copies emailed to them. Sometimes the discounts are small, sometimes they're quite good. And all savings add up.

You have a nice list of "C&R want's". Hocking "Honey's" wedding ring isn't the yellow brick road to C&R happiness tho.

Basic Mosin 91/30's are still plentiful, inexpensive to buy and cans of milsurp ammo aren't too expensive. Good condition M44's and M38's are now more difficult to find and aren't as cheap as they used to be. Prices on Finn's have gone up in the past year.

Still many Yugo mausers around and 8mm ammo is common. I really like shooting my mausers.

Steyr M95's are terrific shooters and cheap to buy. But unless you reload, it wouldn't be my first C&R choice.

For C&R handguns, CZ-52's are where I started and still my favorites. They aren't as available and inexpensive as they once were, but they are super shooters. Tok's and CZ82's are fun and I'm happy I have them, but I do find I shoot my CZ-52's much more often.

If I received my new C&R today, my short list would be:
    - Mosin 91/30 + a can of ammo
    - Yugo Mauser + a can of ammo
    - And find a CZ-52 + a can of ammo

That'd keep me happy for at least a couple of visits to the range.
    :)

Last edited:

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD

I'm definitely buying a Mosin (or 2) of some sort. I really want an M44, but I've been seeing great deals on regular 91/30's and will probably have to jump on those first.

Some people at the range were shooting their Mosins and the smoke they produced kept on getting into my eyes and making them water. It was great.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I'm definitely buying a Mosin (or 2) of some sort. I really want an M44, but I've been seeing great deals on regular 91/30's and will probably have to jump on those first.

Some people at the range were shooting their Mosins and the smoke they produced kept on getting into my eyes and making them water. It was great.

:rockon: :cool::thumbsup:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

Century is having a good deal on the M1938's, but you can't beat $70 Mosin 91/30's that's just a steal.

Mark

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I'll have to check out Century if they offer Mosins that look better than the ones on AIM.

Does Century etch all of the firearms they sell?

They will be etched... I haven't gotten one that has not been unetched.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009

A nice Finnish Mosin

I've already chosen:

Nice!!
    I talked to Rock River Friday and she said the boom started like last Sept., and all gun sales have slowed down.....so I guess the same is for C&R etc...

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    I just got back from a wedding in Pittsburgh*. My C&R must have come in Saturday's mail (I think I checked mail on Friday before leaving). The check was cashed on 8/6. I have not seen the packet yet.

So who at the ATF screwed up? I was expecting the license mid-October.

Threeband: I figured my license would get to me before you got yours and I'd give you a heads up.

*Complete with detour to the Wheeling Cabela's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom